Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I almost thought you wrote crushed up french fries. That would be good for me too though---almost as good as bacon. :p

These were the leftover onions from my Thanksgiving Green Bean Casserole Debacle. Was my first (and last) time making it. I don't understand why people love it so much. Disgusting! But the onions are a gift that keeps on giving....

This evening is the first Christmas dinner at one of my three Daughter's house since my Wife is still recovering from the car wreck. Youngest Daughter has been baking for the last several days :D Two more this weekend. Looking forward to good eats and Grandkids. Merry Christmas..!! :)
HD

These were the leftover onions from my Thanksgiving Green Bean Casserole Debacle. Was my first (and last) time making it. I don't understand why people love it so much. Disgusting! But the onions are a gift that keeps on giving....

You need to try my recipe. I saute the onions in bacon fat and then add the milk, cheese, flour, spices etc. That must be a lousy recipe. Everyone loves my green bean casserole. :p

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
You need to try my recipe. I saute the onions in bacon fat and then add the milk, cheese, flour, spices etc. That must be a lousy recipe. Everyone loves my green bean casserole. :p

No, that was basically the recipe I used. And it was still awful. Even my GBC-lovin' hubby gave me a what-the-heck-were-you-thinking look. He was polite and ate it because my parents were here, but as soon as they left he asked me to never do that recipe again.

For reference: he and I have been together for almost 10 years, married 8. In all those years I've only cooked 3 dishes that he has asked me to not repeat. That's now bad the GBC was!

No, that was basically the recipe I used. And it was still awful. Even my GBC-lovin' hubby gave me a what-the-heck-were-you-thinking look. He was polite and ate it because my parents were here, but as soon as they left he asked me to never do that recipe again.

For reference: he and I have been together for almost 10 years, married 8. In all those years I've only cooked 3 dishes that he has asked me to not repeat. That's now bad the GBC was!

Something went wrong there. lol lol I use fresh onions not the preprepared ones. I have no idea if that made much difference though. Did you use bread crumbs for the crust?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
BBQ pizza, and Cheeseburger pizza.
Tomorrow night, cheese, crackers, and various meat slices.
Well the wife works late, and I don't care to cook.
We've done this every Christmas Eve for a few years, with a special Christmas dinner just for ourselves the next afternoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo