Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I'm having my Dad's side of the family over tonight; his brother's family (my aunt, uncle, my two cousins, and my one cousin's girlfriend and their kid). We're having our traditional Polish dinner: polish sausage, cabbage, pierogies, and then kalatskys (a cream or fruit filled cookie with powdered sugar over the top) for dessert.

Christmas eve dinner with family coming over here, too. Chicken casserole, broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserole, green beans, corn on the cob, sausage balls, and chocolate cake.

Edit - a giant ham and a dish of mac-n-cheese just showed up as well.:D

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Christmas eve dinner which is the big festive time in Norway so pinnekjøtt, kålrabistappe, poteter and kraft. Which is cured, salted lamb chops steamed over birch branches, Christmas sausages, swede mash, potatoes and the stock from the pinnekjøtt. Finished off with multekrem which is cloudberry mixed with cream. Full as a bull and can't move ;)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Christmas Eve Fajitas, thankfully before the place closed last night. :D

Tonight it's a standing rib roast, potatoes, and green beans with bacon (in the pressure cooker).

Slow cooked brisket, baked sweet potatoes, fried apples, and some macaroni and cheese leftover from yesterday.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Last edited:
Pot roast chili is in the crock pot for tonight. I'm thinking maybe some garlic mashed potatoes and jalapeño cornbread to go with.

Renault

One Too Many
Got up this morning and the front had arrived. Wind a blowin' rain a fallin! Got the pit a goin'! 5 racks of
St. Louis ribs and some sausage and chicken a bit later! Will post pics when all is presentable! Yum!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner