Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

A can of tuna that was in the glovebox for emergencies. 8°f meant a lot of burst pipes and a long cold day.

Cha - ching! :p

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Turkey and noodles (I sneak extra veggies into it, so mushrooms, carrots, onion, and possibly some spinach), and a salad on the side, per Lily's request.

I'm also making LOTS of turkey meatloaf (6 pounds of turkey!), mashed potatoes, cardamom dinner rolls, banana muffins, and chocolate chip cookies to give to my niece, two nephews, and sister for a bereavement meal. I'll see them tomorrow at the viewing.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Thursday = Soup Night. I picked up some "pork steaks" on manager's special last week (not sure what cut they are, but I can make just about anything work), so I'll pull those out of the freezer and slow cook them. I'm thinking they'll probably be great in a pork stew with potatoes, carrots, and onion. I'm also going to make a loaf of cardamom bread to go with it.

Wow. This soup was SO GOOD!!! I'm tempted to eat the leftovers of it for breakfast this morning, but I'll wait and enjoy it for lunch.

(Secret ingredients = 3 bay leaves and a pinch of allspice.)

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Chinese takeout. Love Chinese take out. Got egg fu yung, beef chow mein, some egg rolls. All the good stuff!

Tonight....some spicy Asian beef (hamburger meat with garlic, onions, sriracha, soy sauce, honey, and lime juice squeezed in) rolled up in cabbage leafs and coconut rice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo