Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Polenta layered with turkey bolognese (tons of mushrooms, too) and mozzarella. Chopped salad with white balsamic vinaigrette, and herbed focaccia.

We'll see how this goes. Hubby is VERY hesitant about polenta, despite it basically being grits.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Italian wedding soup, my wife must have plans after 34 years together.
:eusa_clap
Congratulations...

Pizza tonight, home made.
Had fried chicken for lunch, with salty fries (had no choice, this is where the boss wanted to go).
So the pizza was a lower sodium than most you'd get premade or at a restaurant.
I'd like to drink 100oz of water and actually show something for it. :p

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Polenta layered with turkey bolognese (tons of mushrooms, too) and mozzarella. Chopped salad with white balsamic vinaigrette, and herbed focaccia.

We'll see how this goes. Hubby is VERY hesitant about polenta, despite it basically being grits.

Well, they ate it. And I got the feedback, "I guess it doesn't suck too bad.". Grr. We'll see if I let him warm my feet up tonight!! :p

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Well, they ate it. And I got the feedback, "I guess it doesn't suck too bad.". Grr. We'll see if I let him warm my feet up tonight!! :p
I love polenta. Especially if you add cheese to it, let it harden, slice it, and then pan fry it. Delicious!

Tonight is:
Braised spareribs with gravy
Mashed rutabaga
Buttered potatoes
Cabbage apple salad

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm headed to a banquet in about an hour or so. I'm not sure what's on the menu, but I know it will be good. However, as with any fancy banquet, I can guarantee it won't be enough to fill me up the way I would like. They don't call me "Big Man" for nothing, you know. :)

Kovbasa -
Pound or two of ground meat (beef,pork,chicken, possum, whatever you have on hand) an egg or two, breadcrumbs, lots of chopped garlic, salt and pepper, and a shot or two of peprivka (vodka with hot peppers soaked in it) roll into vaguely sausage shaped links and fry, bake, broil, boil, grill, whatever.
Roasted Brussels sprouts -
Take fresh sprouts, toss in bacon grease or olive oil,(I used leftover bacon grease that had onions and garlic sauteed in it before I stuck it in the fridge, I cook a lot with it - makes a great seasoning) salt liberally with coarse ground salt like you get on pretzels, and roast in the oven at 400° until outer leaves get crispy.
Also had baked sweet potatoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk