Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Starbucks coffee at the 4.5 hour ER trip tonight. The boy nearly cut his left ear in half. He thought it would be a good idea if his ear met the glass top table. He thought wrong. :p

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Right? We try not to burden her with our food baggage, and let her make her own decisions of what she likes and doesn't like. She's dipped cherry tomatoes in vanilla yogurt, hamburger in applesauce, and lettuce in ketchup. She likes mustard on her egg Mc muffins at home. But you know what? She likes flavor, isn't afraid to try new foods, and she eats. If that is courtesy of her having a dipping sauce, I'll do it!

Now veggies, they are a work in progress. If it is a new one to her, she has to have one bite before she can say no thank you to eating the rest. If she's had it before, she has to eat 5. I encourage her to eat the veggies first to get them out of the way (if not, her tummy is usually full by the time she is done with the rest & no veggies get eaten). She also prefers some veggies raw to cooked (broccoli) so I give that as an "appetizer" before dinner when she is hungry enough to not complain about eating veggies.

She loves to taste-test foods when I am cooking - onion, garlic, peppers, raw ginger, hoisin, piloncillo (cane sugar), cream cheese, cilantro, lemongrass, bok choy, etc. Any ingredient that won't harm her I am ok with her trying (no raw eggs or meat). She loves discovering new things she likes. And if she doesn't like and ingredient alone, she usually does in whatever I am making. She is a great sous chef.

There's enough population of Indians here that there was a big to do for Holi (the Hindu festival of colors) downtown today. The pakoras and tasty sweets we snacked on had me in the mood for more, so for dinner we had aloo palak (spinach & potato curry) over rice, because it's cheap and easy to make.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
23oz steak seared in an iron skillet then cooked over pecan wood for 10 minutes, onion rings, and Arby's curly fries.
Iced tea to go with it.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Believe it...
On occasion I eat real food. :hungry:
Actually, most of my meals now are in the slow cooker.
Put it all together at 6am and turn off the cooker at 4pm, easy as can be.
Tonight it was beef pot pie part 2.
Turns out really good, and a LOT lower sodium than store bought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot