Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
Oh that’s great BBQ sauce! I like to mix it sometimes with Cattleman’s Red sauce too.
I smoke brisket, ribs, pulled pork, sausage. Chicken. I smoked a turkey one Thanksgiving that turned out pretty fair. Man I can talk BBQ and recipes for hours. Lol!

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Slow cooked beef stew meat with onions, carrots, and mushrooms. Added a dollop of crema agria. Served over mashed potatoes. Fridge clean out meal. Winner!
Crema agria? I had to look that up. J Do you make that yourself or can you buy it? Coz I’ve never seen it. Here in Alabama I think I’d like to take that beef stew and ladle it over some hot buttermilk cornbread. J

Crema agria? I had to look that up. J Do you make that yourself or can you buy it? Coz I’ve never seen it. Here in Alabama I think I’d like to take that beef stew and ladle it over some hot buttermilk cornbread. J
They have it at most of the walmarts down here. It's by the chorizo and queso fresco, usually over near the cheese and butter somewhere.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Ours is a local brand (Darigold - a plant in my tiny hometown), and labeled as crema agria and Mexican sour cream. It is the only sour cream I buy. A bit saltier than regular sour cream, but delicious.

Hubby's from Texas & he would fully support the buttermilk cornbread idea.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Tonight, pork carnitas tacos. I make the carnitas last month and put the extra in the freezer, so it'll be an easy dinner to make. Lettuce, tomato, cheese, avocado (if I can find a ripe one at the store), crema agria. Yum. Taco Friday!

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Tonight I’m actually going to cook. I took a bottle of Ken’s Steakhouse Northern Italian dressing and marinated some chicken with it. I’m going to bake it and probably have some rice to go along with it. I like to make my rice with chicken broth and dice up little yellow onions into it. Makes it flavorful and moist and creamy almost. Then I’ll probably have a ceasar salad to go with it, or something green. J

kens.jpg

BTW..I have been copying and pasting pics into my messages. Do they show up for you guys? Or do I need to save the images and put a link to it? I’ve done both but I sometimes have trouble doing it the way the forum says to .

Tonight I’m actually going to cook. I took a bottle of Ken’s Steakhouse Northern Italian dressing and marinated some chicken with it. I’m going to bake it and probably have some rice to go along with it. I like to make my rice with chicken broth and dice up little yellow onions into it. Makes it flavorful and moist and creamy almost. Then I’ll probably have a ceasar salad to go with it, or something green. J

kens.jpg

BTW..I have been copying and pasting pics into my messages. Do they show up for you guys? Or do I need to save the images and put a link to it? I’ve done both but I sometimes have trouble doing it the way the forum says to .

Lite dressing?! Get a rope! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgrGyR6EYbY

Pasta with homemade alfredo, sauteed portobello mushrooms, fresh steamed broccoli, and a fresh baguette I just picked up from the store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21