Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

OK, so get a package of white chocolate instant pudding (I use sugar-free). Prepare it with 1 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon mint extract and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract. Pour into a popsicle mold (8 divisions) and freeze. If you want to dip them in chocolate you can use store-bought or homemade Magic Shell.

For mint mousse you'd eliminate the water (using only 1 1/2 cups liquid total) and put in dessert glasses after preparation. I've done pistachio mousse and chocolate mousse that way, and it's soooo easy.
Thank you for this. I'm going to try it soon (with sugar :) ). Sounds like a nice treat for a hot summer weekend.

Last night was tacos for dinner.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Last night I broke down and spent $8 on sugar-free ice cream because that's what I've really been wanting. But I do really like eating a pudding pop slowly while I read online or watch a movie.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Just finished a book called Brain Maker by Dr David Perlmutter about the importance of fermented foods to a healthy GI tract and to physical and mental health.

Saurkraut, kimchi, sour pickles, yogurt, cheese, all kinds of fermented foods. So if the kid likes these foods + fresh fruit and vegetables she should grow up as healthy as Superman.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
New recipe: Chinese chicken salad. Hubby vetoed having it ever again.

But we had perfect fruit salad for dessert: blueberries, nectarine, pineapple, grapes. So good!

Dinner with some friends lat night. Home made burgers on King's Hawaiian rolls with pepper jack cheese, sliced tomato fresh from the yard, avocado slices, and radish sprouts. For desert there were chocolate and pistachio ice cream sundaes with bananas and walnuts, homemade whipped cream, and plenty of Hershey's chocolate syrup.

Breakfast for dinner. Tater tots piled up with scrambled eggs, chili, and cheese, with biscuits and bacon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21