Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Had an "appetizer"--snack on way home because I was starving--of Havarti and almonds. Now it's time for a chik'n cutlet with gruyere and parm cheese baked in white wine, a simple salad with caesar dressing, and a glass of pinot grigio. Dessert might be a bit of chocolate ganache. I don't even put that on anything, just eat a little with a spoon.

Thai Second night in a row but with a Cantonese twist, Dim Sum, Thai noodles, and shrimp rolls.
dimsum.jpg
, Dim Sum (best I've ever

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Large green salad, and double pepperoni pizza.

I got tricky and served the salad while the pizza was in the oven. It disappeared, and we had pizza leftover (instead of the reverse).

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Pork chops, garlic and olive oil noodles, steamed broccoli for dinner.

We ate dessert first tonight. I made a Jeff Davis pie as a surprise for Hubby's 50th birthday tomorrow. He could tell what it was by the smell when it was baking. Was Lily's first time having it, and she gobbled her piece down.

Beer can chicken, using some nasty Fat Tire "Snapshot" as the beer medium. Good for cooking but sucks to drink, black rice and sautéed spinach.

Pork chops, garlic and olive oil noodles, steamed broccoli for dinner.

We ate dessert first tonight. I made a Jeff Davis pie as a surprise for Hubby's 50th birthday tomorrow. He could tell what it was by the smell when it was baking. Was Lily's first time having it, and she gobbled her piece down.

Glad to know we aren't the only ones who, occasionally, eat dessert first. Not often, but sometimes we want to try something, especially, if like you, my girlfriend has baked something special, we'll get excited and split a piece first as an appetizer before moving on to the normal meal. Happy birthday to your husband.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
The recipe was given to me by his cousin, handwritten by his grandma. He knew by the scent of it baking what I was making as a surprise for him. It was familiar after 50 years of smelling it in process in his grandma's kitchen. Here's grandma's recipe, in case you want to try the pie. It is good (although I didn't eat the crust, don't like it).

12200770_10206245511834260_969011768_n%202_zpscetqevny.jpg

Babydoll, thank you so much for the recipe. We will give it a shot. It reminds me a bit of chess pie - a mile, egg, sugar based pie - very of the Civil War and following decades period. And I'll have the crust too - to each his own - but I love pie crust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24