Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

How about eating one meal a day? That's what I generally do.
One meal a day is hard on the system. The body often is convinced it is on a starvation diet and then when the one -lump sum_ meall of the day comes in, it may try to reserve as amny calories as it can. Your metabolism may slow down appreciably. What we could do in our youth tends to result in problems as we age. Body mass, muscle versus fat levels and caloric intake versus usage all shift at some point for us.

Many people do ok with one or two meals a day but as a lifestyle it tends to be not as good as 3 or for some people 6 small meals timed over the day. Supposedly the multiple meals timed well actually aids in calories being burned, as well as the i think glycemic index not making one feel like they are starving and go more a feast then famine schedule.

I usually have two meals. I pack a lunch I eat before my shift, typically a summer sausage sandwich on wheat bread, a nutty bar, or some such, and black coffee. And then supper, whatever it may be.

Still gotta get one one of these days, or my folks'll never get off my back lol I'm not on the hunt right now, though. I've got too many interested parties at the moment :p

I never forget the beer. Pasta and meatballs in meat sauce, leftover from last night for supper, and Pabst.

Wife? I thought you were over that now? :p

Oh and don't forget the beer.

Still gotta get one one of these days, or my folks'll never get off my back lol I'm not on the hunt right now, though. I've got too many interested parties at the moment :p

Sounds like you've been getting the "We're not getting any younger, when are we going to have grandchildren?" lecture. :p And I had #41 at Tomy's Cafe/Diner today. :hungry:

Tomy2_0002.jpg

Oh yeah, Dad's wanted to be grandpa for like 10 years now lol I wanna be a dad, but I'm making sure I find miss right. I had one failed engagement already!

That Chili Double Cheeseburger looks good, be even better with some bacon on it!

Sounds like you've been getting the "We're not getting any younger, when are we going to have grandchildren?" lecture. :p And I had #41 at Tomy's Cafe/Diner today. :hungry:

Tomy2_0002.jpg

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
I recently found a recipe to recreate the Taco Bells crunch wrap supreme hahahaha i made it tonight for dinner and my whole family loved it hahahaha my mom said "I will never go to taco bell again" it was great!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112