Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Made cauliflower soup tonight, of cauliflower, celery, onion, boiled in milk and water then added parsley and a roux of flour and butter. It was good but I can't help thinking I forgot the spices.

exps89412_SD2235817D04_19_4bC.jpg

I was in hospital for 5 days last week. Decided for multiple reasons to fast whilst there (partially due to the disgusting food served). I obsessed about my ultimate comfort dinner......ground buffalo mac n cheese.
Except tonight I discovered ground turkey in the freezer that was on the old side so decided to sub that for the buffalo. Fry/brown the turkey, add diced onion and chile powder. Add a good italian pasta (penne or whatever you got that is close). Add pasta to the meat, generous sprinkle of Worcestershire sauce, plain yogurt, mix together and mix in a huge amount of grated cheese. Tonight was a jalapeno havarti. It ain't pretty, it def ain't gourmet but damn I could live on this......I don't call it comfort food for no reason.

I was in hospital for 5 days last week. Decided for multiple reasons to fast whilst there (partially due to the disgusting food served). I obsessed about my ultimate comfort dinner......ground buffalo mac n cheese.
Except tonight I discovered ground turkey in the freezer that was on the old side so decided to sub that for the buffalo. Fry/brown the turkey, add diced onion and chile powder. Add a good italian pasta (penne or whatever you got that is close). Add pasta to the meat, generous sprinkle of Worcestershire sauce, plain yogurt, mix together and mix in a huge amount of grated cheese. Tonight was a jalapeno havarti. It ain't pretty, it def ain't gourmet but damn I could live on this......I don't call it comfort food for no reason.

Hope all is better for you health-wise.

Sounds pretty tasty, but more importantly I'm glad you made it home safely. Hope you have a speedy recovery from whatever sidelined you.

Sounds pretty tasty, but more importantly I'm glad you made it home safely. Hope you have a speedy recovery from whatever sidelined you.
I am in recovery, slowly. Something you probably already know .... a hospital is a place to avoid unless it is life/death. The minute I arrived home the healing began. Up til that point everyday was worse in the hospital....for multiple reasons. A big part of the hospital stay was to fix the screw ups from previous surgery the month prior. Ain't no such thing as "just a simple procedure"....you will be home for lunch."

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Home fried cod with potato salad, a dram of peated Cask strength Bunnahabhain for dessert.

full

Cheers

Turnip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ