Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

thumb_tacos.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Tonight, a Bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato sandwich on a croissant with a Coke and a side of garlic fries. :D

This is the ticket. I have been picking up pre cooked bacon, zip in the micro, and wham-BLT pronto.
I need to grab croissants; always forget something off the mental list...tomatoes and lettuce, other times
i just spread some peanut butter instead.:D

Harp

I'll Lock Up
It is still hot (for us) here, in the low '90s so its another sandwhich night. I am thinking tuna.

Since I am an apartment cliff dweller and cannot legally own a balcony barbecue grill, with this heat I try to limit
cooking to stove top recipes, wave slam sandwich stuff, or basic cold cuts pulled from the frig.
Canned tuna, spam, corned beef hash.
Peanut butter for me is a ubiquitous spread, ditto mayonnaise.
Blast the AC all nite, really do not look forward to opening the electric bill.

Since I am an apartment cliff dweller and cannot legally own a balcony barbecue grill, with this heat I try to limit
cooking to stove top recipes, wave slam sandwich stuff, or basic cold cuts pulled from the frig.
Canned tuna, spam, corned beef hash.
Peanut butter for me is a ubiquitous spread, ditto mayonnaise.
Blast the AC all nite, really do not look forward to opening the electric bill.
We don't bother with A/C as our hot days are so few. This heat wave is way early for us and quite extreme. Fans are our choice and they cool it down enough to make it comfortable. In our neck of the woods we generate hydro electric power and it is so very cheap we are spoiled. We pay a standard $25 a month with a yearly adjustment and some years we get a rebate. Our bill for July may be a bit more from running the fans 24/7 but I am guessing another $10 for the month.

This is the ticket. I have been picking up pre cooked bacon, zip in the micro, and wham-BLT pronto.
I need to grab croissants; always forget something off the mental list...tomatoes and lettuce, other times
i just spread some peanut butter instead.:D
Pre cooked Bacon is better than no Bacon. There have been plenty of times when we have gone that route and I have been a happy ToE. The avocado is a really nice addition to the BLT. Avocado (with or without salt) by itself as a snack is a nice treat.
:D

This week’s dinners at the coast: a giant BLAT and garlic fries, a barbecue cheeseburger, and cheese tortellini in a marinara sauce with a dinner salad, ministrone soup, and freshly made bread, but no clam chowder. Our go to place for chowder has limited odd hours and was closed each time we stopped by.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
This week’s dinners at the coast: a giant BLAT and garlic fries, a barbecue cheeseburger, and cheese tortellini in a marinara sauce with a dinner salad, ministrone soup, and freshly made bread, but no clam chowder. Our go to place for chowder has limited odd hours and was closed each time we stopped by.

Stopped at Amazon Fresh last nite but a rare occasion of restock need of pre cooked bacon,
the kids were scrambling all over but I was in a hurry. Grabbed a pak of strip steaks and tater tots
that I can slam in the waver. Clam chowder I usually get from the can, Campbell's is good, damn I meant
to take a few cans last night off the shelf. There's a potato soup I cannot find at Amazon,:eek: and its driving
me nuts...even in summer I need chowder and potato soup. Must be an ethnic thing. ;)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I would actually rather have potato soup than clam chowder. Potato leek soup is magic. Potatoes are one of the most versatile and wonderful delights. There are so many ways to prepare and enjoy them. :D

Panera's Potato Soup is marketed by the franchise sandwich biz, distributed to local grocers under its own label.
Try it if you can, best ever had. Amazon Fresh has its own label potato soup, the brand also good.
And of course there is Campbell's.

Chowder is also a Campbell's select, occasionally I beef it up with a Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna can tossed
in for good measure. It all hits the spot.

Stealing a menu item from a vegan food truck in Brookings OR. Grilled portobello mushroom, spring mix lettuce, roasted red pepper, melted cheddar with a basil mayo on a Chiabatta bun. We use real cheese and mayo cuz it tastes better so not vegan but I am OK with that. I am challenged to resist putting bacon on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk