Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beef-Buletten with salad from cucumber and Ox Heart tomatoes with French Dressing, ice cold Coke Zero for advanced decompression.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
... ice cold Coke Zero for advanced decompression.

That's good, my favorite brand of decompression cola.
A migraine cut last week short and Juneteenth bequeathed Friday to this federal bureaucracy of inquisition
employee; actually I stole it, made a three, or four day weekend, totally unprepared, lazy as all get out,
bachelor fool without refrigerator restock...raiding soup cans, tuna tins, some stuff back of the frig.
Lazy ba***rd that I is just net surfin' beautiful women, US Supreme Court opinions, New York Times
book reviews, other sites. Last nite downed a can of Progresso chicken noodle soup slammed in microwave,
voila... Should get over across the street to CVS and buy coffee for tomorrow. Too lazy.

Tonite I intend to finish off the Gorton's fish sticks and taters, slam in the wave, drink water.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Father's day feast of extra thick homemade cheeseburger topped with habanero cheddar and smothered with homemade chili, followed by a bowl of the chili, then a big slab of apple pie. All washed down with a few cold pbrs.

Dear lord, while I would choose a different beer myself, that sounds glorious!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Tuna last nite caught fresh off the coast of Thailand and reeled in at Amazon Fresh, 95th S Pulaski Avenue
in Oak Lawn, Illinois, can drained, fixed with mayonnaise, spread on saltine crackers. Not bad.
Tonite, another pit stop for strip steaks, pan fried with Irish butter, plus microwave slam tater tots.
Should pick up a bottle of Lancers Portuguese rose vino.

no pit stop-otherwise stuck with cotto salami, peanut butter, crackers-college and law school fare.:eek::oops::(

Salmon fillets, rice and a super basic salad. I recently purchased some grill mats and have been using them for fish and veggies (imho they don’t do as well with pork, chicken or beef). They are God’s gift to fish though! If you like Salmon skin (bacon of the sea) the grill mat will be your best friend.
A700C640-0A96-4573-A85F-12FAF47A61DC.jpeg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
London broil from a new butcher on the grill, sausage for good measure, Greek style lemon potatoes and the first corn on the cob of the season!

Lived in Greece for two years and I cannot recall this potato style, though I must confess I hardly noticed the
table fare much to my regret now. I boil corn/cob as a rule, would enjoy it foil wrapped grilled,
ditto steak. I either slam steak inside the waver or cover pan fry, both are good but steak should be grilled.
Envy your grill-here I need either a condo with a balcony or house and backyard to own one.:(

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Hot dogs… accompanied by a 2014 Margaux. We are drinking down our wine rack, as my contract does not allow us to ship wine to Hawaii. :(

I can think of worse things to have to do to prepare to move!

It is my dream to get a 1953 Margaux, as in the film Withnail and I, it is described as "the best of the century" (up to the point of the film's 1969 time setting).

Sadly, I cannot order for shipping from outside Canada...

We are in the midst of a heat wave...mid 80's...slated to be mid 90's for a few days. Relented and went to a nice river side gastro pub. Great views, nice breeze, good beer and a pretty good chicken sandwich. It is 3:00PM and done for the day.....except for the key lime pie my wife made for us.

Salmon fillets, rice and a super basic salad. I recently purchased some grill mats and have been using them for fish and veggies (imho they don’t do as well with pork, chicken or beef). They are God’s gift to fish though! If you like Salmon skin (bacon of the sea) the grill mat will be your best friend.
View attachment 342918
I grilled a salmon fillet yesterday on the barbie on a wetted cedar plank. It all went well except the salmon was particularly oily and the flames were a leapin'.....no harm, no fires set on the balcony and the salmon tasted pretty good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner