Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
To celebrate getting the new dome for the Nuwave, I cooked pork chops, with Stubbs BBQ rub on them.
Of course the wife always has to put shake-n-bake on hers, so they get cooked separately. :)
Cream spinach for her, tex-mex corn for me...with hot sauce in case Tom is wondering.

HepKitty

One Too Many
turkey burgers: mix ground turkey (or beef) with crumbled gorgonzola, dried onion, fresh rosemary, and lots of freshly ground black pepper. cook and garnish how you will :)

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Assam Laksa. For those who don't know what that is, it's a spicy and sour fish curry soup with noodles, pineapple, onions and cucumber. It may not sound too nifty right off, but it's delicious.

"Man Dies from Breathing Own Gas

A terrible diet and room with no ventilation are being blamed for the death of a man who was killed by his own gas. There was no mark on his body but an autopsy showed large amounts of methane gas in his system. His diet had consisted primarily of beans and cabbage (and a couple of other things). It was just the right combination of foods. It appears that the man died in his sleep from breathing the poisonous cloud that was hanging over his bed. Had he been outside or had his windows been opened, it wouldn't have been fatal, but the man was shut up in his near airtight bedroom. According to the article, "He was a big man with a huge capacity for creating 'this deadly gas.'" Three of the rescuers got sick and one was hospitalized."

Probably a myth but I don't want to try it. :p

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
"Man Dies from Breathing Own Gas

A terrible diet and room with no ventilation are being blamed for the death of a man who was killed by his own gas. There was no mark on his body but an autopsy showed large amounts of methane gas in his system. His diet had consisted primarily of beans and cabbage (and a couple of other things). It was just the right combination of foods. It appears that the man died in his sleep from breathing the poisonous cloud that was hanging over his bed. Had he been outside or had his windows been opened, it wouldn't have been fatal, but the man was shut up in his near airtight bedroom. According to the article, "He was a big man with a huge capacity for creating 'this deadly gas.'" Three of the rescuers got sick and one was hospitalized."

Probably a myth but I don't want to try it. :p

MythBusters tackled this one in one of their experiments. It's physically impossible and could never have happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112