Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I do not know what that is, but it does combine two meals that I really like.
:D

Pasta of choice (rotini or farfalle are great), taco seasoned meat of choice, sliced olives, shredded cheese, diced tomato, corn, and taco seasoning mixed with crema agria as the dressing. Could add beans, onions, and peppers if desired. And extra hot sauce for more zip.

Served cold, as it is 97° here.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
It’s probably a taco mixed with guacamole or sour cream depending on what’s available.

It’s similar to an “enchilada pie”... really good. :D

I make a Mexican lasagna, using corn tortillas instead of pasta, fire roasted chilies, tomatoes, corn, olives, and some enchilada sauce in place of marinara, and monterey jack as the melting cheese on top. Really good with carnitas, chicken, or beef in the sauce.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I make a Mexican lasagna, using corn tortillas instead of pasta, fire roasted chilies, tomatoes, corn, olives, and some enchilada sauce in place of marinara, and monterey jack as the melting cheese on top. Really good with carnitas, chicken, or beef in the sauce.

Gosh, your hubby is so lucky. Really ! :hungry:

Pasta of choice (rotini or farfalle are great), taco seasoned meat of choice, sliced olives, shredded cheese, diced tomato, corn, and taco seasoning mixed with crema agria as the dressing. Could add beans, onions, and peppers if desired. And extra hot sauce for more zip.

Served cold, as it is 97° here.

Sounds good to me, I would definitely try a serving or few.
:D

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Gosh, your hubby is so lucky. Really ! :hungry:

He is. And so is Lily. I was raised in a household with a mom that didn't venture beyond S&P for seasonings. She didn't like to cook, so it was very basic fare for us. When I met hubby, he brought his food culture with him (he's from Texas), so it opened my eyes to a whole new world of food. I love exploring new flavors, and twists on foods I know we already like. For example, we're grilling burgers tonight, but we are using ground pork with bacon mixed in. And we'll have it on Hawaiian buns instead of regular buns. Little changes that make it unique and delicious.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
He is. And so is Lily. I was raised in a household with a mom that didn't venture beyond S&P for seasonings. She didn't like to cook, so it was very basic fare for us. When I met hubby, he brought his food culture with him (he's from Texas), so it opened my eyes to a whole new world of food. I love exploring new flavors, and twists on foods I know we already like. For example, we're grilling burgers tonight, but we are using ground pork with bacon mixed in. And we'll have it on Hawaiian buns instead of regular buns. Little changes that make it unique and delicious.

I’m from Texas & was raised in a similar household. My mom did what she could with what was available & we never went
hungry. But with a family of 6 kids, I was sent on “loan” to my grandma.
It was my grandma & her love that opened my eyes on how to make things (homemade toys)
& also a whole new world of cooking. I miss all the goodies she used to bake. :eek:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ