1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

What's In Your Bathroom Library?

Discussion in 'The Reading Room' started by LizzieMaine, Aug 30, 2010.

1. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

"The Listener's Voice: Early Radio and the American Public" by Elena Razlogova

"The Great Movie Comedy Teams" by Leonard Maltin

"Broadcasting and Broadcast Advertising" Magazine for February 22,1943.

"Letters From Afar," Volume 8 of the "Little Lenin Library."

"They'll Do It Every Time, Vol. 1" by Jimmy Hatlo

"The Sixteenth Rail: The Evidence, The Scientist, and the Lindbergh Kidnapping" by Adam Schrager

The 1944 Radio Daily Annual, edited by Jack Alicoate.

"Picture Book of TV Troubles Vol. 5: Horizontal Output and High Voltage Circuits" by John F. Rider.

2. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Volume one of Churchill's "The Second World War." All six turned up as first editions at my local library's Saturday morning fundraising book cellar. I got them all for $16.

From the same source, "On The Road to Tara," by Aljean Harmitz, 1996. The making of Gone With the Wnd.

And always a stack of Peterman catalogs full of crap I can't afford.

3. allan4570

allan4570 New in Town

I have mostly National Geo's and their new mag called "HISTORY" about interesting cultures, civilizations and wars throughout the worlds history. True West and Muzzleloader mags!

Touchofevil likes this.
  4. dubpynchon

dubpynchon One of the Regulars

‘The School Bag’ and ‘The Rattle Bag’, both poetry compilations by Seamus Heaney and Ted Hughes, and ‘Letters to a Young Poet’ by Rilke, one of those little Penguin £1 books.

5. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

What is in my bathroom library is whatever single volume I happen to be perusing at the time.

Right now it's Bloom County: Happy Trails.

Touchofevil and LizzieMaine like this.
  6. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

As of this morning --

The Star Coin Book, an Encyclopedia of Rare American and Foreign Coins, 1932 Edition, by B. Max Mehl.

TV Guide, Northern New England Edition, for week ending July 5, 1969.

Television: 1938-41, Volume III, edited by A. N. Goldsmith et. al. "Property of National Broadcasting Company General Library, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York N. Y." I wouldn't know anything about that.

Peaceful Neighbor: Discovering The Countercultural Mister Rogers, by Dr. Michael G. Long.

Hokum: The Early Sound Slapstick Short and Depression-Era Mass Culture, by Rob King

The Ruling Clawss: Cartoons From the Daily Worker by "A. Redfield," better known as Syd Hoff.

BG On The Record: A Bio-Discography of Benny Goodman, by D. Russell Connor

The Black Muslims In America, by C. Eric Lincoln.

7. HanauMan

HanauMan A-List Customer

I'm lucky that I have a small study with a cosy chair to read in. Would never even think about reading while on the can! Just how constipated are you folk? Maybe time to see your MDs! :)

2jakes likes this.
  8. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

I don't understand how people *don't* read on the can -- what else is there to look at? It helps, of course, to be a speedreader -- three minutes is plenty of time to read a chapter in about any book, or an article in the Atlantic Monthly. And if the article is by Caitlin Flanagan, it even saves the cost of toilet paper.

9. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

There’s always the art work on the walls in the mens room! :)
    Oh...wait...
    Never mind! :(

HanauMan likes this.
  10. HanauMan

HanauMan A-List Customer

Oh, I have a radio to listen to.

2jakes likes this.
  11. HanauMan

HanauMan A-List Customer

I always mentally correct their bad grammar! Yes, I am sad! :)

2jakes likes this.