Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's something modern you won't miss when it becomes obsolete?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
If the guy is going to wear a Nazi uniform, he should at least learn how to wear it correctly. The insignia looks like a mix-match of just whatever he happened to fancy.

Nazi? Schmatzi!

Hmmph.

Cheap polyester East German tunic with cheap reproduction insignia.

I've outfitted a number of stage productions with them, but tend to be more careful about correct insignia and medals.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
While I understand the frustration over such fools as parents, I am not willing to cede the power of such choices to some government body. The government can't even get a package delivered on time for me and yet they are going to determine who has children. :rofl: Nah...

That was never my inference or intention. It was merely an irony of sorts on how easy it is to be a parent - that is, conceive and birth a child, and many people who do this are barely 'parents.' Regulation on this is not desirable. This ain't China.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Well, you are here so that goes to show that you have some level of taste and decorum. :p
Oh and 7 children?!:faint:

I agree.
And an Elvis lamp to boot.
See, to me that's like the leg lamp in A Christmas Story.
I'd display it proudly on a table, in the front room, so everyone could see it.
This from a man that has a rooster lamp.
No really, it's a wooden rooster about 2ft high, and it's a lamp.
Still not the King though.

Congratulations DH, TCB buddy, TCB.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
*The word "stakeholder."

*Men who are so terrified of being thought gay that they keep a minimum of three feet of distance between themselves and the men ahead of and behind them in the bank line.

*Sea World.

*John Stossel's moustache.

*John Stossel.

*People who think they really can take it with them.

*Diet Coke.

*Lip liner.

*People who make that telephone-receiver hand gesture.

*Gas station ladies' rooms with dust-caked plastic flowers on the back of the toilet.

*Boat shoes worn by people who've never been anywhere near an actual boat.

*Cheap Chinese clothing and accessories embroidered with logos which resemble designer logos but actually stand for nothing.

*Designer logos.

*People who call all phonograph records "vinyl."

*People who stick a big, detailed extended-middle-finger decal on the back of their Family SUV.

*Seventeen-year-old middle-class suburban boys who idolize Charles Bukowski.

*Forty-year-old middle-class suburban men who idolize Charles Bukowski.

*The "red state"-"blue state" dichotomy

*Postgame locker-room interviews with semi-literate pro athletes.

*The word "sexy."

vintageTink

One Too Many
Last time I flew (SEA to LAX) I wore a sundress and flats as well as appropriate underthings. My hair was in victory rolls, I had lipstick on. I got stared at the whole time. It was disconcerting.

Why can't people dress up, even a little bit before they go out? Is it that difficult to put on some halfway decent clothes and run a comb through your hair? Heck, put a hat on, even!

vintageTink

One Too Many
Next time don't wear the underthings.
Yeah, that's not really an option. Lol

I've never seen pajamas worn in our local Wal-Mart. I *have* seen them worn in our local art museum. Make of that what you will.
Maybe they consider walmart an upscale place and wouldn't dream of being seen in pajamas.

Why can't people dress up, even a little bit before they go out? Is it that difficult to put on some halfway decent clothes and run a comb through your hair? Heck, put a hat on, even!
I know. I understand bad hair days but you really can't be bothered to put clothes on? It'll make your hair less noticeable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy