1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

What's the best modern electric tool you use for your vintage hair styles.

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by tuppence, Jul 11, 2018.

1. tuppence

tuppence Practically Family

I've got a gift voucher for a beauty store, but all the curling irons, curl and wave makers are confusing.

EvaS likes this.
  2. EvaS

EvaS New in Town

3. alexalex

alexalex New in Town

Vintage hairstyles often require from me the use ofcurling irons and straightening irons. I often create vintage waves with Steam Flat Irons . With just a few twists and turns, I can create a cool retro look

MissMittens likes this.
  4. Annie B

Annie B New in Town

It's not electric but I just bought myself a Denman brush from Sally's. I'd heard it was the bee's knees for wet sets and it's pretty fantastic. Works well on tangly children's hair as well.
    I've been thinking I need to get a curling iron with a narrower barrel (1/2 in? 1/4in?)for those nape-of-the-neck hairs that so often fall out of pin curls and sponge rollers overnight or get squished flat when I don't feel like re-rolling the second night of a set.

MissMittens likes this.
  5. slythwolf

slythwolf New in Town

The only electric things I use when doing my hair, and this is a stretch, are the lights and the water heater.

6. swanson_eyes

swanson_eyes Practically Family

I sometimes use my Caruso steam curlers. They're easier than sleeping on rollers.