Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the meaning behind your Avatar ?

p51

One Too Many
I collect and research stuff from US war correspondents. This was from a magazine ad for liquor, showing a unnamed correspondent (the insignia is a pinback, would have been REALLY tough to have mounted it on that kind of hat)...

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
I recently changed from my business avatar (a B&W drawing of a 50s-style saleswoman holding up two dresses) to a beach photo of my mother from 1960. I think I'll keep mom around for a while. :)

With regard to AVATARS...As I was saying...

I found an old 1930's cocktail book buried under a stash of books in a charity shop. The recipes were great, but the 'graphics' were even better!! With my being a 'bartender' in 'here' I felt it was an appropriate avatar to have.

This has always been one of my favorite avatars - what is the name of the book? My girlfriend and I love old bookstores and we have a very modest collection of old cocktail books, so I'd love to keep an eye out for the one you have.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
With regard to AVATARS...As I was saying...

I found an old 1930's cocktail book buried under a stash of books in a charity shop. The recipes were great, but the 'graphics' were even better!! With my being a 'bartender' in 'here' I felt it was an appropriate avatar to have.

For unknown reasons, I always think of old Banana Republic catalogs &
exotic places.

280ay9.png

Yours is one of my top favorites...:cheers1:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=TMInzKkltJFwXcUXdm6nqA&bvm=bv.67720277,d.cWc

Last edited:
I'd like to see the expression on your face if you were to call John Dillinger a mug to his face . Lol :D
That would clearly be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Dillinger was considered to be quite handsome, so he'd probably dish it right back to me. lol

It's only one of four good pictures I've ever taken :)
That can't possibly be true; I call "modesty". :yo:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
That would clearly be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Dillinger was considered to be quite handsome, so he'd probably dish it right back to me. lol

After studying this "mug" shot...

23m1xyo.png

I do believe you are another " tough hombre" I wouldn't want
to face in a dark alley....shakeshead

btw: A+ on the :cool2:...!

After studying this "mug" shot...

23m1xyo.png

I do believe you are another " tough hombre" I wouldn't want
to face in a dark alley....shakeshead

btw: A+ on the :cool2:...!
:pound: :thumb::thumb: Further visual evidence that putting a suit on me is like putting a fresh coat of paint on a junkyard wreck; you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear. lol

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
We anti authority types tend to laugh in the face of danger. We dandys also consider it a matter of honor to looks dashing and stylish at all times too. John and I were both of those. I just hope none of you will ever get to judge whether John, or myself looks better with bullet holes ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner