Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the meaning behind your Avatar ?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
rsxy4i.jpg

1946 GM with straight 6.

My Dad had a Studebaker truck that sort of looked like yours. Guess they are all getting to be rare.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
My avatar is of me taken from a series of wardrobe studies for a film role I was preparing for. That role is also the reason for the beard. I shaved it soon after production, but am now in the process of growing it back (almost two years later) for some retakes and added scenes.

. . . or I should say my former avatar. The above post doesn't make much since since I changed mu avatar photo.

My former avatar, the one I was referring to:

10154886_10154142081545077_4588189162510306673_n.jpg

My current avatar is just me in my cheap detective look (think William Conrad), complete with dyed moustache and eyebrows. It's also from the same film project where I play multiple roles.

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
. . . or I should say my former avatar. The above post doesn't make much since since I changed mu avatar photo.

My former avatar, the one I was referring to:

10154886_10154142081545077_4588189162510306673_n.jpg

My current avatar is just me in my cheap detective look (think William Conrad), complete with dyed moustache and eyebrows. It's also from the same film project where I play multiple roles.

Whoever did the photography is great .
Both images that you have are really nice.

My current avatar represents a hairy southern California native wearing his new Tawny Fawn Akubra Federation IV. :D
Since I can't edit my original post, I guess I'll have to update the info here. [huh] NOW my current avatar represents a hairy southern California native wearing his new Cane's Creations fedora made by our own Cane Rod Maker. :D :whoo: :rockon:

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
I always have a hatted picture of some iconic person, with matching quote under my signature--usually lyrics from a song the person in the avatar made famous, if it is of a musician, as it usually is. Right now it is a very young, cap-wearing Glenn Miller, but had been Elvis Costello, Artie Shaw, Mick Jagger, David Gilmour, Elton John, etc.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Mine is one of Edward Hopper's highthawks. which is rather ironic now as the last few years I'f been getting to bed earlier and earlier---signs of age no doubt.
( maybe I ought to move this over to the " signs your are getting older thread".)

Mine is one of Edward Hopper's highthawks. which is rather ironic now as the last few years I'f been getting to bed earlier and earlier---signs of age no doubt.
( maybe I ought to move this over to the " signs your are getting older thread".)

If it's any consolation..........you're not alone.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

St. Louis

Practically Family
Irene Papas was gorgeous.

I just changed my avatar from child actress Margaret O'Brien, who's always been a favorite of mine & who appeared in Meet me in St. Louis. But recently with all the changes to the Lounge I decided I wanted a more grown-up representation. So I found a knitting pattern model that slightly resembles me--at least, let's say, in my better moments and possibly a few years ago. Ahem. I'm obsessed with knitting & have been trying to get my hair to look like this, though unfortunately without the slightest success, so I'm hoping this new avatar will inspire me to keep trying.

Mr Oldschool

One of the Regulars
Thanks Shadomega...what's the story with your avatar?

It's from the Vettriano painting, "The Road To Nowhere". As I've said elsewhere, I don't really care for the title, but the painting, which is actually a man and a woman walking on the beach, has always reminded me of myself and my wife. I would have titled it something like "Partners against the world" or some such.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
It's from the Vettriano painting, "The Road To Nowhere". As I've said elsewhere, I don't really care for the title, but the painting, which is actually a man and a woman walking on the beach, has always reminded me of myself and my wife. I would have titled it something like "Partners against the world" or some such.

Fabulous! I'm going to look the painting up, thanks. :)

X
BD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner