Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your alltime favorite movie?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I agree, as it's been stated a lot on this thread, there are just too many to choose from.
How can you pin down just one?
Nympho Cheerleaders From Planet X, I've seen it and it's great.
Seriously...A Christmas Story. I've got several copies for who knows why.
A lighthearted film going back to a great era in time, complete with Darren McGavin one of my favorite actors.
Every Christmas Eve, I sit there during at least 1 of the 24hr showings, and repeat the lines along with the actors, while my wife just puts up with me. :)

DNO

One Too Many
There are way too many good films to choose, really...but "The Man Who Would Be King" certainly would be in my list of favourites.

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
Most of the time I can't choose a favorite. For movies, if I must, I can choose The Seventh Seal. So ahead of its time. I'd post the trailer but the one I want to has no embed code... you can see it here: http://www.criterion.com/films/173-the-seventh-seal

SYNOPSIS: Disillusioned and exhausted after a decade of battling in the Crusades, a knight (Max von Sydow) encounters Death on a desolate beach and challenges him to a fateful game of chess. Much studied, imitated, even parodied, but never outdone, Bergman’s stunning allegory of man’s search for meaning, The Seventh Seal (Det sjunde inseglet), was one of the benchmark foreign imports of America’s 1950s art-house heyday, pushing cinema’s boundaries and ushering in a new era of moviegoing.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Silly me, I saw this thread, and gave the same dern answer I gave a few weeks ago...that I didn't remember giving! I need a vacation, but this time away from the inlaws!
If I can vote again I'd say the Odd Couple, I love the pairing of Matthau and Lemmon. We have several of their pairings on DVD and each one is a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

TCMfan25

Practically Family
A mutated hybrid of "Casablanca", "Scarlet Street", "Young and Innocent", "The Maltese Falcon", "Zulu", "Zulu Dawn", "Blue Skies", and "Blazing Saddles"...

A young painter and collector of rare statuettes of birds falls in love with a con-artist's girlfriend and is wrongfully accused of murder so he rides to Casablanca, Morocco as their new black Sheriff (where he has to deal with Nazis and racist old women) that has a passion for song and dance, but has PTSD from his experience fighting savages with Michael Cane in South Africa... a riveting tale!

A mutated hybrid of "Casablanca", "Scarlet Street", "Young and Innocent", "The Maltese Falcon", "Zulu", "Zulu Dawn", "Blue Skies", and "Blazing Saddles"...

A young painter and collector of rare statuettes of birds falls in love with a con-artist's girlfriend and is wrongfully accused of murder so he rides to Casablanca, Morocco as their new black Sheriff (where he has to deal with Nazis and racist old women) that has a passion for song and dance, but has PTSD from his experience fighting savages with Michael Cane in South Africa... a riveting tale!

Ahhh, that's what happens when one watches too many classic movies!;)

djd

Practically Family
Too many great vintage films. Perhaps we should start a new topic for Favourite Newer film? Favourite from the last 30, 20 and ten years.... On that basis I'd go for:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Saving Private Ryan
Fellowship of the Ring

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21