Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your alltime favorite movie?

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
It's definately Casablanca...No,wait, I mean Play It Again,Sam...no,it's The Maltese Falcon...no..no..Manhattan...Good God...my circuits are melting..this thread has destroyed me...sorry it just can't be done! :eusa_doh:

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
Double Indemnity, Baby.

di.jpg

Doh!

One Too Many
Actually, Pee Wee is wonderfully surreal...

But for sheer "watchability," I'd put The Godfather on the top of my list; I could look at it every month. It's one of the few movies out there that actually should be longer.

Salv

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:
Certainly is tough. But I gotta go with Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Kidding! I'm kidding!

Really it's The Sand Pebbles.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure is a great film - some wonderful off-the-wall humour and some very good jokes.

Favourite quote time:

Simone: I know you're right Pee-Wee, but...
PW: Everyone I know has a big but. Let's talk about your big but Simone...

Pee-wee: Shhhhhhhh! I'm trying to use the phone!
Biker #1: Did anybody tell you that this is the private club of the Satan's Helpers?
Pee-wee: Nobody hipped me to that, dude.

Biker #2: I say we kill him!
Biker Gang: [shouts] Yeah!
Biker #3: I say we hang him, then we kill him!
Biker #4: I say we stomp him!
Biker #4: Then we tattoo him!
Biker #4: Then we hang him!
Biker #4: And then we kill him!
PW: [trying to throw voice without moving lips] I say we let him go.
Biker Gang: [shouts] No!
Biker Mama: [whistles] I say you let me have him first
Biker Gang: Yeah!

matei

One Too Many
I'd have to say that after much deliberation, my favourite film of all time is "Lost In Translation".

I'm a big Bill Murray fan, and my wife and I have often been in similar situations as the film's protagonists.

That being said, I'm not a faded action film star, and my wife isn't a recent philosphy graduate 20+ years younger than I. ;)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
All right, here's my Raiders of the Lost Ark story.

I was about 13 when the movie came out. The day before its Hollywood opening at Grauman's Chinese Theater, I saw a poster and said, "I've got see this flick." (In my early teens, I wanted to become an archaeologist, so how could I resist a movie like "Raiders"?)

The following afternoon -- opening day -- I stood in line at the Chinese Theater with hundreds of others. I think the wait was over four hours. My parents and I got good seats for the 8:00 pm show. The lights dimmed, the curtain opened ...

I have never seen an audience so enthralled with a film. We cheered, jumped, booed and hissed like a crowd in an amusement park attraction. When the credits rolled, the entire audience gave a standing ovation.

It was, without a doubt, the greatest moviegoing experience of my life (thus far). Imagine seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark at the most famous movie theater in the world, Hollywood's "ground zero", on opening night. Wonderful!

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Salv said:
Pee Wee's Big Adventure is a great film - some wonderful off-the-wall humour and some very good jokes.

Favourite quote time:

Simone: I know you're right Pee-Wee, but...
PW: Everyone I know has a big but. Let's talk about your big but Simone...

That's funny, Salv! I drive by the dinosaur they used for that scene at least once a week, and always think of that line! In fact, I quoted it to Hemingway Jones as I passed it last Saturday.

Salv

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:
That's funny, Salv! I drive by the dinosaur they used for that scene at least once a week, and always think of that line! In fact, I quoted it to Hemingway Jones as I passed it last Saturday.

Nice! I'd love to see those dinosaurs. And of course, when Pee-Wee and Simone came down from the dinosaur:

Simone: "Andy!"
Pee-Wee: "ANDY!!!!
Andy: "Arrrgghhhhh."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner