Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your 'grab-and-go' jacket...?

I can easily see this HWM becoming a rare leather grab and go option. Almost painfully easy to wear. Suitable for going to church on Sunday or picking up a group of lingerie models on Friday. Since I do neither of those things I’ll have to settle for Target run on Saturday. LOL. I could see wearing this one to work too. Has the same low key character that a suede trucker has, which is a large part of the appeal.
15027D51-5772-4E65-A4C9-9BD98A86600B.jpeg
A20A6E7F-AA90-4A2E-8370-B72FB7332B78.jpeg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Congratulations and all the best, Edward!
Congratulations Edward. Wishing you and the new Mrs. all the best.
Congratulations Edward!!!! So happy for you both! :)
Very well done Sir, congratulations to you both :)
congrats on the grab and go wedding Edward

Thanks, all! :)

I'll add this one, too. Whenever I'm going out to do something whatever, I realized it's this jacket I seem to grab the most if I somehow decide not to wear denim.

20200416-145418.jpg

Boardracer, innit? Is that in brown or cordovan? Looks cordo, but I've seen some batches of the brown CXL that have a really nice, russety-red undertone that has the look of cordo in photos.

I can easily see this HWM becoming a rare leather grab and go option. Almost painfully easy to wear. Suitable for going to church on Sunday or picking up a group of lingerie models on Friday. Since I do neither of those things I’ll have to settle for Target run on Saturday. LOL. I could see wearing this one to work too. Has the same low key character that a suede trucker has, which is a large part of the appeal.
View attachment 254957 View attachment 254958

That's the OriginaL 59ER Version, isn't it? Ever so lsightly neater fitting than the Americanised version which has been the 'standard' HWM for so many years. Motolegends in Guildford used to stock these (not surei f htey still do). At one point they had them on sale at £400, and I regret not selling off something to buy one at the time... My black, standard HWM is one of my most worn jackets, very fond of it. THey're just such an incredibly flexible style that stick out to "those who know" and yet it has a subtlty that can pass unnoticed to most that bike jackets or even soem of my halfbelts lack somehow.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I'll add this one, too. Whenever I'm going out to do something whatever, I realized it's this jacket I seem to grab the most if I somehow decide not to wear denim.

20200416-145418.jpg
it is good that jacket finds its way back to you, didn't you sell it previously, the fiddler hat guy at the bar has no chance.

@Edward , nah, regular Cafe racer with zips on top of the sleeves and in Cordo HH. :)

it is good that jacket finds its way back to you, didn't you sell it previously, the fiddler hat guy at the bar has no chance.

No jacket is a match for a fiddler hat guy. Jacket is a necessity. Fiddler hat is a luxury only few can afford. Perhaps if I had gotten one that I always wanted...

civil-war-leather-kepi-with-braid.jpg

...it would be a different story. Alas, the guy with the cap always wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner