Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When Is Your Birthday?

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I was born the day the Kennedy 50 cent piece was issued.
I used to have a birthday celebration until I got married. Me, my brother-in-law and stepfather-in-law have our one right after the other so my mother-in-law decided we should celebrate them all together but it was always a closed affair with none of my family. After a while my brother-in-law and I decided this was for the birds and dropped out.
My wife did throw a wonderful 40th birthday for me a couple of years ago. I had friends I hadn't seen for a while all together in our living room. An argument was started as to who knew me the longest.

Sincerely,
The WOLF

Steve

Practically Family
I was born on the crest of a wave, me mother was a mermaid; me father was King Neptune he was. I picks me teeth with a marlin spar, and when I spits, I spit out tar.

And I was born on October 6th.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Polyhistor said:
Well, I have learned that in accordance to the Chinese zodiac I´m a pig...which came as a great surprise, of course. ;)
Um...I think it's been translated wrong, it is wild boar, not pig, which incidentally, is this year.:)

Oh, and mine is the same date as Dean Martin, only some 32 years later, having been born in the year of the Ox.

Naama

Practically Family
DeeDub said:
It being after midnight Pacific time, today is my birthday. December 31st.

Well, I wasn't born today. And as they say, I wasn't born yesterday.

It was 1955, the year Albert Einstein died. And I sooooo want to believe in reincarnation!

Congratulations! ;)

Mine is the 17th January 1985..... Not long and it'll be..... I'm afraid of it, to be honest... :(

Naama

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Yup, a lot of young people here. I still have a striped T-shirt I wore in high school, so it has been in that bottom drawer since at least 1968. (It seems to have shrunk considerably while sitting in that drawer.):D

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Funny really. There seems to be a rather large spread in age in the lounge. At first I thought I was the oldest guy around, untill The Captain turned up. Now it seems like we are a small group of elderly gents here. (Nice!)

But I am really impressed with the number of very young (That's under 30!;) )people here too. That's really great!

But as someone statede before: Age is only a mental thing in your mind.
And somehow it's more easy to dress vintage when you are old(er).

TailendCharlie

One of the Regulars
photobyalan said:
Happy Birthday, and welcome to the Lounge.

I would ask how it feels to be 45, but I already know.

May 24, 1961
Rice Krispies comes to mind...Snap,Crackle,and Pop
cheers Alan!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Hah! Got most of you beat: I was born in the summer of '42. There was a tornado watch the morning of June 20 and the hospital generators were on due to a huge storm.

That makes me a Gemini, born in the Year of the Horse (water horse to be exact), and old, old.

I also share a birthday with: Errol Flynn, Audie Murphy, Chet Atkins, the author Lillian Hellman, and I share an exact birthday with Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys.

karol

pigeon toe

One Too Many
August 26th, 1987.

I think it's the same day women got the right to vote in the 20's? I could be wrong though, its been awhile since my last US History class!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch