Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When Is Your Birthday?

undertaker

Practically Family
September 6, 1978

Sept. 6, 1978 U.S.S.R. performs underground nuclear test, maybe that explains itlol lol .

On Sept. 6, 1901 President William McKinley, shot by anarchist Leon Czolgosz at Pan American Exposition in Buffalo NY, he dies 8th days later on Sept. 14th.

Regards,
J.S.

DOB a Computer no no?

I seem to recall that your DOB you are not suppose to give out, as it is a piece of your ID jig saw puzzle. So with that in mind I'll say I was born during the sign of Cancer in 1957, the year of all those really cool cars.

It was a very hot day and several of the main Long Island highways had buckled under the oppressive heat. My mom found a Ben Franklin Half Dollar on the front lawn, as she waited for my dad to come home from work.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Well, I've mentioned my birthday in other forums before, so I don't think there's much of a problem.

'Tis November 27th, 1986.

And since quite a few are adding the "This Day In History" touch:

- The first Macy's Thanksgiving parade (1924)
- Baby Face Nelson dies in shoot-out (1934)

And the notable shared boithdays:
Cornelius Vanderbilt
Bruce Lee
Bill Nye, The science guy

lindylady

A-List Customer
August 20, 1982

I don't know of any Golden Age people born on this date. I just know that the former news show host Connie Chung was.

griffer

Practically Family
Sharing my birthday-

1879 - Franz von Papen, Chancellor of Germany (d. 1969)

1897 - Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Minister of Propaganda (d. 1945)

1929 - The New York Stock Exchange crashes in what will be called the Crash of '29 or Black Tuesday, ending the Great Bull Market of the 1920s and beginning the Great Depression.

Ugh.

On the upside-

1955 - Roger O'Donnell, English musician

1969 - The first-ever computer-to-computer link is established on ARPANET, the precursor to the Internet.

1971 - Winona Ryder, American actress

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ