Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When it rains it pours

Tucson Raider

New in Town
I was having a bad week. There was wrecked motorcycles and ambulances in it (I'm feeling much better now, thank you). In order to cheer myself up, I went to the comic book shop wearing my faithful Fed IV, at which point the famous Tucson wind picked it up and pulled it off my head, flying it into four lanes of oncoming traffic. Luckily, some of the cars stopped so I could get it and admire the tire tracks, grease, mud and grime and general disheveledness of the hat. Unfortunately, I was too shocked and upset to take a picture. I immediately rushed over to Arizona Hatters here in beautiful downtown Tucson. I know they've been mentioned here before. They commented on the quality of the felt and said they'd give it the works and make it good as new. Well, I picked it up today and they were true to their word. They cleaned it, reblocked it, reshaped it and put a professional bash on it (much better than the one I did). Here's a picture of the finished product.

IMG_0381.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Congrats on your first post. Welcome! I'm sorry to hear of your accident; glad you're a bit better now. And glad to hear of your success story with the cleaning.

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
Welcome indeed!!! I thought I had a pretty lousy day but having read your post I feel pretty dang blessed! I am so glad all worked out well for you. :D :D

frussell

One Too Many
Akubra Ad

I'm sorry for your troubles, but that would make a great ad for Akubra hats, like the "takes a licking and keeps on ticking" Timex spots. That's a good hat, and it's a good thing your head wasn't in it. Frank

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Sounds like quite a story to tell years from now when asked about that hat... it's sad that had to happen, but at least it's OK now, I hope. Welcome to the forum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80