Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where Can I Get Hat Repair In The United Kingdom ?

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
Please can anyone suggest somewhere I can get a hat properly re-blocked in the UK ?
Last time I sent one to Steve Delk I had awful problems persuading UK Customs when it came back that I hadn't bought the hat in the US but had simply sent it to Steve for repair.
I don't want to willingly undergo that sort of hassle again !

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
James Lock, Patey, I don't think Herbert Johnson works on other brand hats.

Have any pics of the hat?

I've never heard of Patey. Please do you have contact details ?
The hat's a Fed III that's tapered a bit (8 years old now) that I'd like to keep going a bit longer - it's an old friend.
I have awful problems trying to post pics on The Lounge (I'm a bit of an IT moron) but I'll try.

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
Hat Repairs

Hi guys ... Does anyone know of anywhere in London where I can have the sweatband replaced on my lock & Co Fedora ( it's split ) .... Shame because it's a REALLY nice hat :(

Thanks in advance

Robb

Plumbline

One Too Many
took my Fedora back to Lock .. £60 for a new sweatband and a bit of an overhaul ( seemed VERY reasonable andVERY nice people - thank you William :) ..... get it back Tuesday, will let you know how I get on :D

Plumbline

One Too Many
took my Fedora back to Lock .. £60 for a new sweatband and a bit of an overhaul ( seemed VERY reasonable and VERY nice people - thank you William :) )..... get it back Tuesday, will let you know how I get on :D

Incidentally they do a plethora of repairs and alterations and all not too badly priced for the Jermyn St area ( they are in St James)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21