Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where to buy affordable three piece suits in NYC?

AXL DEMOCRACY

One of the Regulars
In need of a new suit and really want to get a three piece. Was wondering if any had any suggestions of where to find one for an affordable price ($300-$400) in NYC area?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
At your price-point I would suggest MW; a bit higher would be JAB or BB and the department stores at the January sales. Of course you could check the discounters (Syms,Filene's Basement , Century 21, etc...) but that would be more a hit or miss proposition

carldelo

One Too Many
Per Tomasso's recommendation, Syms has been very good to me, but requires patience. They hold a big sale ('BASH') in mid-January, and very good deals can be had. For example, a 3-pc H-F ran $375 for a $1500 suit, and some 3-button Abboud suits (no vests with these) were between $200-$300. Selection, colors, patterns vary by whatever the big department stores are 'de-accessing.' The size selection is very good.

PS - the BB 3-pc shown on sale at the link above is a great deal, if it's your size, that is.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
For example, a 3-pc H-F ran $375 for a $1500 suit,
That's a quality suit at an exceptional price. Personally, I'd rather wait to find a heavily discounted quality suit than go the MW/JAB route, whose suits feature fused jackets and mediocre material. And don't forget eBay; again, patience required.

carldelo

One Too Many
Personally, I'd rather wait to find a heavily discounted quality suit than go the MW/JAB route

As I pick up well-made clothing here and there, the discount clothing seems even worse by comparison, and not worth even the low prices charged. I'm getting spoiled, I guess.

To the OP, there is also the Barneys after-Christmas sale, but even on sale most of the suits there will be at least $400, more like $700+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran