Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find little "hook" for A-2??? HELP!!

Scorpio1972

New in Town
Hello,
My little "hook" on the left side by the collar has fallen off and I can't find a new one in the stores here in Stockholm.
I would try the net but I just don't know the right name for it. Could some one please help me with the name for this "hook", or maybe even direct me to a website that sells these little hooks.

Regards,
Scorpio1972

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You mean the throat latch hook. You could try Eastman Leather clothing. Gary Eastman has sold me parts separately. Or you could try Aero leather Clothing in Scotland or John Chapman at Goodwear Leather Clothing. He is a member here and is Buzzthetower. I hope this helps.

aswatland

Scorpio1972 said:
Thanks Andrew,
I'll try them. Do I need any special tools for this?

Regards,

Scorpio1972

I have never fitted a throat latch. Normally they are rivetted on. You may be able to use the existing rivets.

Vornholt

One of the Regulars
It's unlikely you'll be able to use the original rivets. Such fasteners are formed over the original hook and probably won't securely hold if you try and bend/reshape them. Best to find a competent leather repair shop and have them re-rivet it completely.

aswatland

Vornholt said:
It's unlikely you'll be able to use the original rivets. Such fasteners are formed over the original hook and probably won't securely hold if you try and bend/reshape them. Best to find a competent leather repair shop and have them re-rivet it completely.

I am sure you are correct. I did have a collar latch which came off an original A2 and i was able to re-fit it and had to bend the original rivet ends a bit to secure it. Of course new rivets would be best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner