Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where YOU can buy heavy overcoats today (28oz-32oz)

yolo462140

New in Town
As we all know overcoats/peacoats of heavyweight (28oz-32oz) aren't the norm anymore, so I'd like to share where you can find them .

First, I'd look on Ebay for coats from the 1950s-1960s as they look to be more substantial. Other places include:

Hockerty, they sell custom overcoats of 28oz weight which can also have an additional hidden liner added for warmth.
Schott, they offer a 32oz peacoat.
Berg and Berg offered a (very expensive) 28oz Polo coat this year.

Anyone know any others?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Rather than start a new thread, this is close enough. I am in the market for a greatcoat style overcoat. Getting one full length, that is just about six inches off the ground, is nigh on impossible. Walker Slater came highly recommended: https://www.walkerslater.com/ Checking out their overcoats I did find one that appealed:

1701940717631.png

Walker Slater are a Scottish company and their retail shops are in Edinburgh & Glasgow. That's about 460 miles away from me, an eight to nine hour drive. However, they do have a store in London, which is within easy reach.

1701941525156.png

The Trench Coat also appeals, but not in this colour. I like the style, (without the belt) but not the colour, I am more inclined to a silver grey. In the UK January is the traditional month for winter sales, that's when I shall make my mind up.
1701941896337.png

This is a colour that I like, not the coat though, typical Amazon, not for me, thank you.
If all else fails, I shall ask my tailor, John Parrett, to quote me for one made to measure.
If you see anything that has that greatcoat style, do let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112