Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which belt to wear?

JDCrockett

New in Town
I have a question. I'm considering an ensemble for warm weather vacation
wear including light colored linen or khaki pants, panama hat, maybe a Rayon
casual shirt and white bucks. Also a blazer or sportcoat to dress it up for evening. What belt would you suggest? I fear the white belt bringing to mind the 70's leisure suit horrors of Mr Roper. Any suggestions? What's cool? What's vintage? Anybody else care?

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I wouldn't go with a white belt. Perhaps a colored cloth belt, you see them in Brooks, Ralph Lauren and other places. Or an old, worn-out tie worn as a belt. Since you are going to wear rayon casual shirts I would say wearing a casual belt would probably be best.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Tommy Bahama has some good old school looking belts, and if you want a more casual look you can go for a military style cotton web belt with a brass or silver colored buckle.
san_vinvente_belt.jpg
Depends on the shoes you are wearing. Style is still coordinating your belt with shoes regardless of your suit or trouser color, though you can match your belt too your trousers in some situations.

As Vladimir stated above, you can also mix it up with a striped belt which is more of the Palm Beach casual look.

White suede belt with white suede shoes.

If you want to go Miami Vice, wear a yellow or pink belt with the white shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot