Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Old TV show do you remember the best?

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
The Groucho Marx Show
The Howdy Doody Show
Hopalong Cassidy
The Mouskateers/ The Micky Mouse Show
Ed Sullivan Show (remember The Beatles ?)

WH1

Practically Family
Favorite shows

Perry Mason every weekday at noon on KPTV channel 12, Paul Drake had style.

The Jackie Gleason Show and the Honeymooners

The Twilight Zone, still some of the best writing and acting ever. The storylines are still very thought provoking.

The Carol Burnett Show with Tim Conway and Harvey Korman.

Any of the Black Adder series particularly Black Adder Goes Forth.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dot_and_the_Kangaroo_cover.jpg

This was a show I remember as a kid and I loved it. It was animated but set against a live action background. I still play the song in my head :rolleyes:

LD

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So many. Fortunately our local UHF channel runs nothing but classic shows, Combat, Hawaii Five-O, Mayberry RFD and all the rest.:) I'd like them to run Hogan's Heros again though.

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
Some I haven't seen mentioned:
-Flipper
-Lasey
-The Little Rascals (one of my favorites)
-The Three Stooges
-H.R. Puffin Stuff
-All the old Looney Tune cartoons
-Popeye
-The Flintstones
-The Jetsons
-Chips

On PBS:
-Zoom
-Sesame Street
-Mr. Rodgers

As I got older I liked:
-Magnum P.I.
-McGyver
-The Fall Guy (Heather Thomas….GRRRR)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
There is a local channel here that still plays:
Green Acres
Father Knows Best
Ozzy & Harriet
Hazel
and a few others, so the youngerererer generations can watch and enjoy (i.e. my kids love 'em)

52Styleline

A-List Customer
Colgate Comedy Hour
Love that Bob
Tales of the Century
Death Valley Days
Peter Gunn
George Gobel
Topper
Highway Patrol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Some of your posts bring back memories. A few of those shows I also enjoyed, some I'd forgotten about, some I never saw even one episoide, even though they were on for years. Partly that is because I pretty much stopped watching TV, except for specials and a few favorite shows, once I was in my late teens.

Forgot to add that my favorite of all mini-series was The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman. I wished they had made the film into a movie, because, had they done so, I believe that Cicely Tyson would have been the first African American Actress to win an Academy Award. Might have been hard, though, it was pretty long.

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I meant Best Actress Award on that one, which did not happen until Halle Berry. Best supporting actress was first won by Hattie McDaniel in 1939.

I am off topic, but wanted to clarify what I meant.

karol

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Old shows from when I was a kid (in UK)

Really enjoyed a WW2 RAF themed series called PATHFINDERS, about the Lancaster bombers that went ahead on the main force to lay the flares and light the target area over Germany or wherever. (shown in the early to mid 70's I think but can get it on VHS now).

SECRET ARMY...about the resistance/escape networks for downed aircrew in occupied France (or Belgium) and you got to know both the resistance characters and the Germans.

DAKTARI...about safari in Africa, with Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion.

SKIPPY...about an Australian kangaroo that could magically understand English and save the world!

CHAMPION THE WONDER HORSE...About a white horse that could save the world!!

FLIPPER...about a dolpin that could save the world (there's a running theme going now!!)

Plus, I grew up with Laurel & Hardy, Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Abbot and Costello...etc, which they used to show on a Saturday morning in the late 60's and early 70's.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Back of the Seement Pond

The Beverley Hillbillies.

What a show! What a cast of the best of America Irene Dunne Buddy Ebsen Mr Drysdale his secretary Ms Hathaway Mr Drysdale's snobby wife... where do to stop - them critters - I only spent three years in the fourth grade....

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
Has anyone mentioned Car 54 where arrrre youuuu!

I remember watching that after school and thinking the man in that show looks like the guy from the Munsters.

52Styleline

A-List Customer
Stinchcomb said:
Has anyone mentioned Car 54 where arrrre youuuu!

I remember watching that after school and thinking the man in that show looks like the guy from the Munsters.

Oooh oooh oooh....

Dixon's Dame

Familiar Face
I think all these have already been mentioned, but the ones I remember best are:

Combat!
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Have Gun Will Travel
Cheyenne
The Wild Wild West
Star Trek

Also used to watch regularly Ernie Kovaks, Laurel and Hardy, Soupy Sales, I Love Lucy, and any Looney Tunes cartoons. :-D

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
What memories this thread brings back! Some shows I'd forgotten about, some favorites...

Here are a couple I haven't seen listed yet (or that I missed):

Get Smart!
The Guns of Will Sonnet

Thank goodness someone came up with the idea of Netflix. The majority of my rentals from there are old TV shows, both US and UK. Can't wait to get to "The Rat Patrol."

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy