Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Whipped' by Our Wives?

Bourbon Guy

A-List Customer
Marc, I am sure I have posted this on another thread on another forum, but as a general rule the guy who accuses you of being "whipped" is probably sleeping alone tonight.

blacklagoon

One of the Regulars
Funnily enough,my dad has just told me that he is planning on buying a powerful air rifle soon,and under no circumstances must my mum know,or she won't let him buy it.:)

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Nope, that's not us. We pretty much purchase whatever we want with regards to clothing. Big ticket items (like cars) we will usually talk about, but we are specifically into NOT giving each other any flak about most stuff, so things work out pretty well.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Well, I am single now, but I always LOVED modelling new things for my respective other! I never hid them in the back of the closet :) I never did buy anything with joint money though.

From the whipped men I know, I can tell being whipped by the other half is a choice, subconcious or not.. but I can only speak for them.

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
I usually get the "I told you so". I spend so much I get my boyfriend rolling his eyes at me. I don't hide it and its hard to when we share an account and live together. He's not the scolding type! But, we're usually in trouble when it comes to money due to my over spending. This is a unique topic, due to the fact I'm being very careful this month. We both need to get out more and me spending so much causes us not to.

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
Martinis at 8 said:
Nope, that's not us. We pretty much purchase whatever we want with regards to clothing. Big ticket items (like cars) we will usually talk about, but we are specifically into NOT giving each other any flak about most stuff, so things work out pretty well.

We're similar, but our big ticket items include most things over $10. That's what happens when you have a new baby and the only income is the GI Bill money the University doesn't take. All our accounts are joint accounts, too, and we discuss purchases we make before we do so. I'm a student teacher, so I'm trying to build a professional wardrobe (which my wife understands) and my wife has a need to feel pretty (which I understand). It all works out.

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
WildCelt said:
We're similar, but our big ticket items include most things over $10. That's what happens when you have a new baby and the only income is the GI Bill money the University doesn't take. All our accounts are joint accounts, too, and we discuss purchases we make before we do so. I'm a student teacher, so I'm trying to build a professional wardrobe (which my wife understands) and my wife has a need to feel pretty (which I understand). It all works out.

I'm at the other end of the time spectrum from you. That also makes a difference. I already used my GI Bill benefits - decades ago. Our son is grown and gone (an Army officer now), both wife's and my professions are already built/established. Yes, it does all work out when one sticks with the program. Best of luck on your journey. When you look back, you will say it was worth it :)

Story

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Ooo, yes please! Bad boy spends too much money!

bk

That's gonna leave a mark.

I'd suggest sticking to handcuffs. Or clothesline. :p

Paisley said:
Isn't the whip-ee probably fooling the whip-er?

Which is probably technically known as 'topping from the bottom'.

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
Red Diabla said:
My husband and I decided from the get-go that we have a joint household bank account, and we have separate individual accounts. We then put half of whatever we make into the house account to pay bills, etc. and the other half we spend any which way we want. It makes us both happy and responsible, since we don't have to hide anything from each other!

RD

We have a similar arrangement. When a new motorcycle appears in the shed, or six boxes containing bicycle parts arrive in one week, I'm happy that he's happy. Ditto him when I come home from the bookstore with a dozen new books to add to my already towering stack.

My boyfriend gets constant remarks from his male coworkers about how lucky he is that I "let" him buy and ride motorcycles; apparently several of them would like to, but claim their wives won't let them. My bf's theory is that they use being "whipped" as an excuse not to get out there on the road.

Decodence

A-List Customer
Wife gives me a hard time about my purchases, but when she's racking up $4k/mo on the Amex, and I support the entire household, she can STFU.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i see motorcycles for sale on ebaymotors all the time with "rode it home from the dealership and the fiance/wife told me i couldn't have it..."

the upside is a cheap bike...

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
SamMarlowPI said:
i see motorcycles for sale on ebay motors all the time with "rode it home from the dealership and the fiance/wife told me i couldn't have it..."

the upside is a cheap bike...

Hahahhaaa.. I never see shoe collections for sale with such a tagline ;)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gentlemen...?

Does this not beg the question regarding your initial choice in a partner 'might be' flawed? and therefore the onus of choice is on 'you?'

So either you like/acknowledge that 'you' are a submissive who likes/needs to be told what to do and feel comfortable that your 'female' partner is the dominant/masterful person in your relationship (ie: you feel it is acceptable to be verbally/emotionally whipped and be submissive to that person...as in..."yes dear, of course dear, whatever 'you' say dear")...

Or, you have actually 'conditioned/trained' your partner inadvertantly by continually allowing her to 'wear the pants' and 'thrash that whip' (if you let people do something enough times then they quite rightly think it's okay by 'you.')

Or...you have made a judgement error in choosing your partner, she wasn't the person you thought she was...etc

Either way...advice is: sit down with your partner and talk your concerns through, as it doesn't sound healthy (Signing out..Dr Ruth!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran