Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White / Ivory Leather Making a Comeback?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That said.....
d8fcd56b694f1f6c832aa21fabbc1c8d.jpg

1bc016217104b1e967ac16207ab9aaa5.jpg

I've long been a big fan of this particular black and white configuration and always wanted one. I'm not sure I might be 25 or 30 years past my ability to make this look work, but if I could ever run across one that fit I'd sure like to find out.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

It looks like the jacket Johnny Thunders wore. I inquired about its wherabouts on the JT facebook group a while ago, and the conclusion was it was swapped around and didn't really stay in one person's possession for any extended period of time.
image.jpg

They look great...on other folks. I love the himel cafe racer but just couldn't pull it off. I feel the same about all colored leather jackets and subsequently unloaded a bunch of really cool, colored cafe jackets like this Brimaco
FullSizeRender.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Had a few motorcycle jackets with white on them while riding the Nighthawk 650. Neat looking when clean and very attention grabbing in traffic (which is a good thing). However it took a lot of work to clean those areas, sort of odd to consider that your whole jacket it taking on that much all the time. Seemed that the red on a Joe Rocket jacket took almost as much work to get clean as well.

Tony that blue is amazing!!

But overall, white jackets are not quite my style. Neat though if you like it...!

Yes, I loved that jacket...right up until my wife asked when I was going to "stop being so disco":mad:
I also had a british racing green (should've kept) and bright orange Brimaco. And a purple/burgandyish one come to think of it....I guess I've had everything but white!
I guess I'll have to buy one, feel great about it for a month and then sell it...because...disco

barnabus

One Too Many
They look great...on other folks. I love the himel cafe racer but just couldn't pull it off. I feel the same about all colored leather jackets and subsequently unloaded a bunch of really cool, colored cafe jackets like this Brimaco View attachment 45026

I feel much the same: here's a jacket I love in theory , but it's spent almost the whole time I've owned it hidden under a mountain of camping stuff in my garage. I spent ages meticulously dying it myself by hand, with a very specific look in mind and ending up with indelibly blue fingers for weeks in the process. But then I managed to wear it just twice before my conviction that it was the absolute bomb deserted me utterly.

And now I can never wear it again of course.

4043c8526d339b16c616a0050bd80e5f.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jaket-Kulit-Bikers-111.jpg

This is one of my riding jackets. Its as much white as I'll go. I just cant rationalise dropping high end maker dollars on what is essentially an experiment on how far I can push my comfort zone and want to stand out in a crowd.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Cream rather than pure white for me. Doubt I could carry a white jacket these days but I think they need a little road age to anything like a bike jacket. Otherwise its like Elvis riding a full dresser down Las Vegas High Street. I have some vented summer vented Power Ranger boots for riding in hot weather though I sprayed them with a little leather conditioner without rubbing it in, hoping to attract some patina ;)
Cheers, J

They look great...on other folks. I love the himel cafe racer but just couldn't pull it off. I feel the same about all colored leather jackets and subsequently unloaded a bunch of really cool, colored cafe jackets like this Brimaco View attachment 45026

Man... I'm sure you must have had your reasons but that's got to be one of the best fitting and looking jackets I've seen here.

Man... I'm sure you must have had your reasons but that's got to be one of the best fitting and looking jackets I've seen here.
I loved the fit to death. And it was a thick hide on that one. But my wife got into my head. She does that. And I just couldn't carry it off anymore.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I have a cream Buco-type thing from Armani - bought back in the day when I did that sort of stupid thing. It never felt over the top or look-at-me, but it was a pain to keep in sort of shape. Unlike some of the heavy cream ones, this thing was soft, almost suede-like and was hell to keep clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21