Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White / Ivory Leather Making a Comeback?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
140130_P1120333.JPG

140130_RUF01633.jpg

140214_RUF02498.jpg

It's a tough thing with outside the norm colored leathers. When I'm sporting a root beer metaliflaked helmet riding a ten foot long chopper it's cool and anything goes. When the bike transitions to a shopping cart full of pampers at Target whilst cramming down a breakfast sandwich...not so much.

Enough, Super! You're killing me here, man! I don't want another jacket, I don't need a blue jacket!

I loved the fit to death. And it was a thick hide on that one. But my wife got into my head. She does that. And I just couldn't carry it off anymore.

No! They will do that with just about ANY style, colour, fit, whatever; same how they'll convince you that something that's completely crap looks good on you!

pawineguy

One Too Many
I believe any of these colors outside of brown and black look best once they are beat up, faded, stained, etc... this way you don't look like you're on a runway, you look like a guy that likes the color blue and who you probably shouldn't question about his choices. I think that's why the Thedi colors look so good, they look sun-faded when they are new.

I feel much the same: here's a jacket I love in theory , but it's spent almost the whole time I've owned it hidden under a mountain of camping stuff in my garage. I spent ages meticulously dying it myself by hand, with a very specific look in mind and ending up with indelibly blue fingers for weeks in the process. But then I managed to wear it just twice before my conviction that it was the absolute bomb deserted me utterly.

And now I can never wear it again of course.

4043c8526d339b16c616a0050bd80e5f.jpg

I love it! What's not to wear? You know what's happening right now? There's this insanely cool jacket and nobody is wearing it.

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Kenny Roberts colors on that yellow and black Bates.

White is an awesome color for a stage jacket. I can see Brian Setzer with a white moto jacket.

In real life? Looks good in a photo, but I've only had part white jackets, one was a Vanson one piece racing suit. Living in SoCal, that was the only color to have racing, sun's a beatin' down!

Edward

Bartender
I have a cream Buco-type thing from Armani - bought back in the day when I did that sort of stupid thing. It never felt over the top or look-at-me, but it was a pain to keep in sort of shape. Unlike some of the heavy cream ones, this thing was soft, almost suede-like and was hell to keep clean.

Mn, that's no good. One of the joyws of leather is it being wipe clean.

alternately, a white jacket could be rocked with shorts...
View attachment 45093

Those aren't shorts, those are ladies' underpants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21