Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White's Boots

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair of White's boots and wanted to get some input from the members that have experience with them.
Do they run true to size or do you find you have to order them larger or small than your normal size?
Thanks all!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
If you mean White's in Spokane, WA, they make some of the finest work boots in the U.S.! Most of the farmers and ranchers in that part of the Northwest wear White's boots.

I would expect them to send you a fitting kit or other information which will allow you to get a perfect fit.

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
There is an ebay seller that is selling White's Boots and I have contacted them about getting a pair of the semi-dress model. The prices seem really good.
Are all of their boots custom fit or can you just order a size 11 and expect to fit like a normal size 11?

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I don't own a pair, but I have their catalog and they require the most indepth mesurements I've seen. It looks to me like a pair of their boots is going to be as close to a perfect fit as anyone would want. Of course they aren't cheap. I'd also like to hear from anyone who owns a pair as I've been thinking about getting a pair of their semi-dress for almost a year now.

jake431

Practically Family
Me too, I really like their semi-dress boot, especially in black - I already have a pair of brown russet service shoes, but if you want to wear black (as I do have a tendency to do), they don't quite cut the mustard. But it's been over a year and I still haven't pulled the trigger since the cost is so high and I know no one personally who's ordered them.

-Jake

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
jake431 said:
Me too, I really like their semi-dress boot, especially in black - I already have a pair of brown russet service shoes, but if you want to wear black (as I do have a tendency to do), they don't quite cut the mustard. But it's been over a year and I still haven't pulled the trigger since the cost is so high and I know no one personally who's ordered them.

-Jake

Jake...do an ebay search on White's and you will find a seller that is an authorized dealer. They quoted me $275 or so for the semi-dress and said exchanges would be no problem. I'm not sure about refunds if they just don't work at all for you so you might ask. But $275 doesn't seem like a bad deal at all...especially when you consider the Red Wing 1909's are going to be more if you have to import them.

SGB

One of the Regulars
White's Packers

I have a pair of Packers. I've had them for close to 20 years now. They fit great, are comfortable, and are good for working "on the ground". I used them at brandings and other chores where you need to walk a bit and have ankle support. I don't use them now since we live in town and have sold the ranch. I bought them at D-Bar-M in Reno, they seem indestructible. They are worth the money, a great working boot.

SGB

jake431

Practically Family
Blackgrass said:
Jake...do an ebay search on White's and you will find a seller that is an authorized dealer. They quoted me $275 or so for the semi-dress and said exchanges would be no problem. I'm not sure about refunds if they just don't work at all for you so you might ask. But $275 doesn't seem like a bad deal at all...especially when you consider the Red Wing 1909's are going to be more if you have to import them.

Do you have the seller's name, their id? I did a search but didn't come up with anyone selling the semi-dress boots.

-Jake

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
jake431 said:
Do you have the seller's name, their id? I did a search but didn't come up with anyone selling the semi-dress boots.

-Jake

The semi-dress you would have to special order.
The dealer is proboot1

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

Fantastic bootmaker. I have their Farmer/Rancher 8". They're rugged, fit well, and are very comfortable.

Their only detriment is they're HEAVY. The semi-dress would probably be much lighter.

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
jake431 said:
Thanks - which sole is the better choice do you folks think?

-Jake

I have been debating that myself. I would probably go with the man made soles. But somewhere (I think here) someone said you could special order them with Cat Paw soles. I might try and go that route or at least investigate into it a bit.

I should post this over on the VLJ forum....some of those fellas might offer up some additional information.

jake431

Practically Family
Blackgrass said:
I have been debating that myself. I would probably go with the man made soles. But somewhere (I think here) someone said you could special order them with Cat Paw soles. I might try and go that route or at least investigate into it a bit.

I should post this over on the VLJ forum....some of those fellas might offer up some additional information.

Definitely!
-Jake

Mike K.

One Too Many
White's Boots?? Ask any wildland firefighter....
I spent eight years on a U.S. Forest Service firefighting unit and just about everybody wore Whites. They're all leather, built to last, and heavy but they're made to go "where angels fear to tread." Granted, these may not be the semi-dress boots you're looking at. You can order stock sizes or have a custom made boot. The good people at Whites will be able to help you figure out which way you need to go. All the guys in my crew had the same opinion - the boots are really tight at first, especially around the instep. Over time, and with some serious breaking in, they conform to the shape of your foot. The recommendation was to use distilled alcohol to moisten any hot spots and wear them 'til they dry. The company stands behinds its work and will rebuild your boots for a lifetime. Be sure to check out the different models as the toe box varies somewhat. Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass