White's Semi-dress Boots..

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Doug C, Apr 8, 2007.

1. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Practically Family

One option that I like for the Semi-Dress boot is the "British Tan" leather. It's a very nice dark tan-light brown color, and only available on the semi-dress. I wanted to order a pair of Smoke Jumpers with this color, but no such luck.

2. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Practically Family

These are pretty close to my idea of what a prefect pair of Semi-Dress boots would be. Great choice, and evn better photos!

3. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

Did you get the cats paw sole done at White's or after you got the boots

4. jonbuilder

Can anyone explain the difference between a double mid sole and double leather sole. Pictures would be great.
    Thanks

5. s_crumb

s_crumb Familiar Face

Double mid sole, means two layers of leather, with a rubber sole on the bottom. I was confused about that at first. I ended up with a double midsole and vibram half soles.

I just got a shipping notice from Bakers. 3-5 weeks ha! Double that. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say my giant feet threw off White's. I'm just glad they're coming.

Now if I could just get that jacket I ordered from Aero, back in December....

6. univibe88

univibe88 One Too Many

The wait on that jacket will make the wait for the shoes seem like a blink of the eye!

I hope shipping/customs doesn't take too long.

7. jonbuilder

8. univibe88

univibe88 One Too Many

Did Bakers have the cat paws? Or did you supply them?

9. jonbuilder

Baker caries cat paws

10. maduro 5

maduro 5 A-List Customer

Do they run a standard US sizes? Thanks

11. jonbuilder

I believe that ubber soles and heal guards made over size and are trimed to size when install

12. s_crumb

s_crumb Familiar Face

See that goes back to what I was saying earlier. Baker's website is NOT clear. I would have jumped on Cat's Paws had they been an option on the order form. But all that was listed was Vibram half soles. I am agitated.

13. illumin8em

illumin8em A-List Customer

You are right, the website in not clear. I found that calling and speaking with the fellas at Bakers very effective at answering any questions I have that the website does not provide. There is one or two guys there who handle the White's stuff and the phone is usually given to one of them, I think the last fella I spoke with was Shawn, but don't quote me on that because names are the first thing that I forget. Also, they have a great return policy if a pair doesn't work out for you. Its all about who you talk to

14. jonbuilder

White's will not make a boot with cat’s paw soles. I called baker and asked if they would install cat paw half soles. Baker has a completed boot repair shop. I did mention a few posts back that I found it best to call Baker to go over the options rather than rely solely on the web to order boots. I purchased additional cat paw rubber heal protectors from Baker to be shipped with my boots, so I have backups when the original heal protector wear down. I found Baker to be very accommodating, they sent me an email confirmation of all the order details and they inspect boots when they arrive from White’s for confirmation with the order detail. I have sent Packers to White’s for a resole with written instructions, and went over the instruction with a White’s rep prior to the resole. White’s resoled my boots with the standard composite sole they use on packers not the 430 mini vibram sole I requested. Look at it this way, your boots will last for years even with heavy use so when you wear the half sole down send the boots back to Baker to get cat paw replcements.

15. s_crumb

s_crumb Familiar Face

Being on a different continent I try to take care of things electronically. Lesson learned, there are still companies out there that it's best to deal with over the phone.

16. jonbuilder

Botttom line you are getting a great pair of boots I think you be happy
    cheers jon

17. s_crumb

s_crumb Familiar Face

Just picked them up yesterday. Man, these are some substantial boots. Definitely the nicest boots I've had the pleasure of handling. I wasn't prepared for the weight/quality of them. As someone with mostly flat feet, the arch is going to take some getting used to. I wore them for a little while before I had to take them off.

Bravo Whites. These things are beautiful.

18. univibe88

univibe88 One Too Many

Congrats! Pictures please :)

19. s_crumb

s_crumb Familiar Face

I will post some up when I get off work. You guys can have a good laugh at my giant boots.

20. s_crumb

s_crumb Familiar Face

Here we go. The largest size Bakers offered. Size 15 D. Standard Brown Chrome Excel with double leather mid sole and vibram half soles.
    [​IMG]