Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who gives hats a bad name?

Hoyt Clagwell

One of the Regulars
I'm not a big, Kid Rock fan either, but I have read that he gets his hats from Henry The Hatter in Detroit, and tries to promote them as much as possible.As for Charlie,I was wearing my felt Biltmore stingy,(which is a nice comfortable hat that I really like).I ran into an old buddy,who said I was wearing Charlie Sheen's Hat.We both agreed we will miss 2 1/2 Men.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Matt Drudge, who probably doesn't think he's Walter Winchell (anymore), but wouldn't object to anyone else thinking so.
mattdrudge.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose that I have given hats a less-than-favorable name, on at least a few occasions, seeing how I rarely leave home without a hat atop my head, which is certainly unusual in recent decades, and for that reason somewhat worthy of note, and how on more than a few occasions I have, while wearing a hat, behaved in ways that might prompt a reasonable person to think less of hat-wearing people.

No candidates for sainthood here at Chateau Tony. Don't blame the hat.

Chinaski

One Too Many
There's the guy that likes his 4 door silver Toyota Camry, and he washes it on Saturday. It is stock. There are no bumper stickers on this vehicle.

Then there's the guy that takes his 4 door silver Toyota Camry and puts 18" spinning chrome wheels with low profile tires on it, lowers it, tints the windows, hangs fuzzy dice from the rear-view, puts one of those Yoshimura exhausts on it, and has a bumper sticker that reads, "No Fear."

Which camp are you in?? I think I can guess...well mostly - I'm not sure about Lefty:D

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Matt Drudge, who probably doesn't think he's Walter Winchell (anymore), but wouldn't object to anyone else thinking so.
mattdrudge.jpg

Politics aside, I find his Drudge Report interesting. I don't see why he would give hats a bad name, I think it's cool that he chooses to wear fedoras.

Charlie Sheen and Jack Abramoff scream "pretentious," though.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
There's the guy that likes his 4 door silver Toyota Camry, and he washes it on Saturday. It is stock. There are no bumper stickers on this vehicle.

Then there's the guy that takes his 4 door silver Toyota Camry and puts 18" spinning chrome wheels with low profile tires on it, lowers it, tints the windows, hangs fuzzy dice from the rear-view, puts one of those Yoshimura exhausts on it, and has a bumper sticker that reads, "No Fear."

Which camp are you in?? I think I can guess...well mostly - I'm not sure about Lefty:D

And then there are those who would not drive a Camry to begin with, or at least not have it in mind when new car shopping.

Gromulus

Practically Family
And then there are those who would not drive a Camry to begin with, or at least not have it in mind when new car shopping.

Interesting comment. While currently own a 4Runner (anything wrong with that one??), we have owned two Camrys, one for sixteen years. Not many (if any) cars are more reliable

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
It wasnt a knock on Camrys, per se. I took the use of Camry in post 52 as an example only. I was not knocking Camrys. The name Buick, for instance, would have worked just as well to make the point I thought Chinaski was making - about the alteration of something not being to everyone's tastes.

Gromulus

Practically Family
It wasnt a knock on Camrys, per se. I took the use of Camry in post 52 as an example only. I was not knocking Camrys. The name Buick, for instance, would have worked just as well to make the point I thought Chinaski was making - about the alteration of something not being to everyone's tastes.

No worries. I just felt the need to defend the cars that treated our family so well over the years (i.e. very minimal repair and maintenance costs)!

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
I just started a new thread about this, but the link belongs here too. New York Times piece on how fedora-wearers get no respect (includes mention of Jack Abramoff as typifying a fedora-wearing no-good in the public mind):

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/11/nyregion/11nyc.html
Wow, I missed all those years. I guess I need to shave my head, get a goatee, some earings and a tattoo and I'll be all set. I wonder if my hats will still fit if I shave my head.....

Cliff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass