Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is your favorite style icon from the golden era?

Favorite Style Icon From The Golden Era

• Fred Astaire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Humphrey Bogart

• Gary Cooper

• Bing Crosby

• Cary Grant

• Clark Gable

• Jimmy Stewart

• Duke of Windsor

• Errol Flynn

• Frank Sinatra

• Total voters

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Hey where's the "other" button on this poll? can't have a "best dressed" poll without any jazz musicians! :rolleyes:

My first choice would be, as I've already PM'ed another lounge member, jazz pianist Thelonious Monk (in the 40s) - next choice would be Cary Grant.

william-gottlieb-thelonious-monk.jpg
gerry-monk.jpg

06281r.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
I love Thelonious Monk's music, and he was a fascinating person. (Wonder if we'd have all this ingenious music today if there'd have been Prozac around. Poor bloke.) He was quite well dressed, better than a picture where he leaves his DB jacket open might suggest.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Cary Grant out of the choices. D of W wasn't the only one with style out of that marital duo. Duch of W was a regular of Dior.

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
Speaking of dukes, why on earth wasn't Duke ELLINGTON included in the poll? The man could pull anything off with flair.

(I was thinking the same thing when I read that post :) Great minds think alike....

...and then there's us lol

Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
I love Thelonious Monk's music, and he was a fascinating person. (Wonder if we'd have all this ingenious music today if there'd have been Prozac around. Poor bloke.)
:eek:fftopic: Hmmm... there's a thought. After reading a couple of bio books on him, I'd say Yes - the depression seemed to only come later as a result of the very poor reception if his unique style by the masses at first.

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
As long as we're stocking candidates for the next style icon poll, and therefore :eek:fftopic: , may I nominate:

jb_wwii_sinatra_1_m.jpg

Dean_mar.jpg

1596.jpg

RT1976Dirk.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Did it work? You got a pic? :D

It worked for about 2-3 years, then when I turned 19 I couldn't get it to stay cut nicely, so I've been clean shaven since. My Uncle Herb was a big Gable fan and had a pencil thin 'stache for decades. If I can find a picture of him or I with it I'll post it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace