Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes custom Ivy style caps?

guitone

Familiar Face
I was fortunate enough today to find the material for another custom from B Wear, but I also want to see if I can find someone who does custom ivy caps..anyone have any leads on that.

Thanks

guitone

Familiar Face
Matt, thanks for the leads...my local tailor is in semi-retirement, but maybe he can....I just never thought of him for this.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The cap is more of a tailoring job than a hatters job. If you have a good material and a pattern to go off, you can get a nice cap made. You need someting to go into the brim to make it stiff. Modern companies many times use plastics that keep their shape. Vintage hats had heavy card stock that got brittle with age. I'm not sure what works well now. Modern Baseball caps like New Era use a special 3-m plastic. I'd go vintage and find a good card board... more research is needed.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Way To costly for what you get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wrote or called the company's Matt said to check with. In my opinion Way over priced. I can get a Custom made beaver fedora/hat for what they want for a cap.

If we had a Capper step up to the plate I think he coulld do a great business!!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Whats in a name is it really Quality??

Locke and Co

Custom cap 10 1/2 inches leather sweat, little bow satin liner or silk with there imprint. Takes 6 weeks todays cost US dollars $250.00 now Who knows what the dollar will be in 6 weeks?????????????????????????????

Thank you for your E mail.

We could make this as a one off special cap.

Please look at our website and view the Turnberry and Sandwich styles, we could make either of these caps in cloth Harris 8156 with a leather sweat band. In your size a Turnberry measures 101/2� wide and a Sandwich measures 11�. The price for this special make would be £129 (£109.79 les VAT) +£22 shipping totaling £131.79. We regret that we are unable to quote in dollars due to currency fluctuations.

A special make cap takes approx 6 weeks.

Thank you

I can get 8 to 10 B! wear for the same price???? I wonder what I'll do?? Lets see he using leather sweats will put in any kind of lining and will work off your custom design.

I guess a old name means you get a better cap. Not!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sharpey

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
What else would you expect from them?
Their customer base is completely different- they're catering to folk with more money than sense and in most cases, more money than breeding...
...people who assume they're getting 'the best' and WILL pay for it.
And they sure are paying- that's the cost of assumption- paying for someone telling you it's best, instead of finding out about the product, materials and craftmanship- it's all in the name- a classic case of English Snob-value over quality.
Perceived quality over material quality-

So there! Ha! I officially poo-poo JL&Co.

B
T

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Cap Bills/Peaks

Heavy canvas makes a good 'bill' stiffener-
Cut to shape, doubled and contour-stitched(lika a ball cap, rows of stitching).
Makes a nice stiffener without being plastic or card- doesn't degrade, deoesn't push through the outer fabric- and it can be formed too.

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR