Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do I hate the 1960s so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Lincsong said:
Is there anything that that animal touched that didn't go to crap?????

The VW Beatle is a product of Hitler however; I would say it's the one good thing he made happen. The "People's Car" as it was called was really a good car and still is. I see VW bugs all over the place still! You never really see any of the very early Beatles but, from the post war boom, to the 70s the Beatle has served so many and faithfully! Good on fuel, easy to work on, has very little to go wrong and drives, drives and drives! Can't keep a good bug down! They're light cars and easily maintained
One car that we're sure to see around for another good 60 years!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
The Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones...don't see nothing wrong with '60s, man!
I was there man...
foto_cv-1.jpg

along with some other girls and guys

sophia-1.jpg

PL096Che-Guevara-Havana-Cuba-1963-P.jpg

belmondo_l.jpg

76.jpg

stephen1965

One of the Regulars
Michael Caine shared a flat with this guy:
gal_TS_&_JC_02.jpg

And Ray Davis of the Kinks wrote a song about Terry and Julie. One of the most well known songs of the sixties.

just_me

Practically Family
just_me in the 60s

jan_gimbelsphotostudio_1969-1.jpg

just_me wore hats even in the 60s
lol
jan_cap-1.jpg

just_me and her dog Donovan at a march on Washington

jan-donovan2-1.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up

Another reason to hate the 1960's. The glorification of a murderous animal who personally enjoyed shooting a .22 slug behind the ear of those who disagreed with him. If someone posted a picture of Hitler or Mussolini or Mengele I'm sure you would have felt different.

Another reason to hate the 1960's; Fidel Castro.

Foofoogal

Banned
2006sandy002.jpg

Me in the late 1960s. My mom was so mad. Beginning of my teen years.
I think the drugs are much worse. People play for keeps now. We just wanted to either lay around and eat or party for 2 days straight.
I hate meth. Very sorry about your sister.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Paisley said:
[Quote:
Originally Posted by reetpleat
I think the drugs are much worse. Crack, and meth are more addictive, I think.

More than LSD and Heroin?

My sister went missing around 1980. She was taking meth--I'm certain of it. Within about a year, she went from looking like a princess to an ogre. The stuff ruins your skin and can rot your teeth (see "meth mouth"). It gives you the feeling of bugs crawling on you; that's why users have sores on them: they're picking off imaginary bugs. It interferes with your brain's ability to feel pleasure.

My sister died in 2005, some 24 years after she stopped taking meth. Til the very end, she still thought she saw bugs everywhere.

The girl who waited on me in a vintage shop was a meth user--I could tell by looking at her. But what can you say to get somebody to stop. :(

Is meth worse than LSD or heroin? I don't know, but it's probably among the worst things you can put in your body that doesn't immediately kill you.

Sorry about your sister.
It all gets you to the same place, painfully. I do know is the finality of it all. Growing up in a project in the Bronx, just watching my contemporaries dying off; terrible. This was not the sixties, but, maybe they were emulating the older people from the sixties.[huh]

just_me

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
2006sandy002.jpg

Me in the late 1960s. My mom was so mad. Beginning of my teen years.
I think the drugs are much worse. People play for keeps now. We just wanted to either lay around and eat or party for 2 days straight.
I hate meth. Very sorry about your sister.
foofoogal - I agree with you about the drugs being much worse now. In the 60s, people tried pot/hash, LSD, and some did move up to heroin (which was around and addicting people way before the 60s). Cocaine didn't become popular until the 70s and crack/meth are a whole different ballgame than a bunch of hippies stoned on hash listening to Cream, Donovan, or the Grateful Dead.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Lincsong said:

Another reason to hate the 1960's. The glorification of a murderous animal who personally enjoyed shooting a .22 slug behind the ear of those who disagreed with him. If someone posted a picture of Hitler or Mussolini or Mengele I'm sure you would have felt different.

Another reason to hate the 1960's; Fidel Castro.

Non of the bastards you mention lived in the '60s - or were I completely stoned for 10 years?:)
I did not post Che to start a debate - you are free to think what you want, but Che was an icon to many in those days. Guesse we just did not know the whole story back then. Luckily we are all getting wiser. Hopefully.
Peace, love and understanding to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy