Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do I hate the 1960s so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
Ok, so I am easily amused. :p ;)

Hehe hey, nothing wrong with that!:D

Plastics are the future...makes me think of "The Graduate". "I want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? Plastics. Just how do you mean that sir?" lol

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Sefton said:
Damn those Swedes and their leather! And their blonde women too! No, wait...forget that last part.

Oh, a wise guy huh? Very comical! I figure you get sick pleasure out of pointin' out my mistakes huh? :rolleyes:

Why don't ya take a long walk off a very, very short pier smart guy!:mad:

Go ahead, start walkin'! I'm right behind ya, mug!

james%20cagney.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
Polka bands will outlast them all. Frankie Yankovic lives.

plus one. My wife and I listen to 4 hours of polka on the local station every Saturday morning.
Cleveland Polka Forever!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Lousy rusty hunks of garbage. Ford didn't figure out how to treat its metal for twenty years after this. They rust like crazy. Pu!

You mean Chevrolet's are nothing but rust bucket pieces of cow crap. There's no humidity or road salt in California and Chevrolet's rust and rust and rust. GM deserves to go bankrupt for selling such crap for decades.:rage:

stephen1965

One of the Regulars
Speaking of cars, there were some great iconic cars from the UK in the 60's like the mini cooper, the E-type jaguar and the Aston Martin DB5
566118.jpg
e-type.jpg

am010615.jpg

All these cars designs have roots in a previous decade, I think, and by the end of the sixties they had no ideas how to improve them.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
[Quote:
Originally Posted by reetpleat
I think the drugs are much worse. Crack, and meth are more addictive, I think.

More than LSD and Heroin?

My sister went missing around 1980. She was taking meth--I'm certain of it. Within about a year, she went from looking like a princess to an ogre. The stuff ruins your skin and can rot your teeth (see "meth mouth"). It gives you the feeling of bugs crawling on you; that's why users have sores on them: they're picking off imaginary bugs. It interferes with your brain's ability to feel pleasure.

My sister died in 2005, some 24 years after she stopped taking meth. Til the very end, she still thought she saw bugs everywhere.

The girl who waited on me in a vintage shop was a meth user--I could tell by looking at her. But what can you say to get somebody to stop. :(

Is meth worse than LSD or heroin? I don't know, but it's probably among the worst things you can put in your body that doesn't immediately kill you.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Yet for all it's worth, none of us would BE here without the '60s '70s '80s '90s to lament the gone by Golden era. Heck the FL probably wouldn't be here if nothing had changed since then, since we'd all be living in our ideal worlds and we wouldn't need some place to vent or rant :rolleyes: lol ;)

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Time marches on and we can't do anything about it but, we find peace in enjoying things of a past era for some reason, I guess what they say is true, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

I have a refined eye for the attractive or praiseworthy and I never felt that the 60s-80s had anything attractive or praiseworthy in design, fashion or values... *sigh*

Even if we did live in an “ideal” world, there still would be something to complain about… it’s just our nature to find fault with others and things… we have to blame our own mistakes and misery on something.

The Great Depression had many hardships and tough times… but, I still feel I could make a go of it… If I was given that chance I think I’d take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy