Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why!!!! Hipsters!!! Why!!!!!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Exactly. I grew up with no concept of "cool" or any aspiration to be "cool." I was taught that I should work hard, be responsible, and live up to my obligations, and that all of these things would be expected of me as an adult, so I'd better start learning them as a kid, and that's all there was to it. The idea of "cool" never entered into any of it.

Same here, at least prior to moving to NYC as a kid. To me, cool was what The Fonz said.

I love "Leave it to Beaver" because there is NO IRONY, yet it is one of those most trashed shows for being innocent.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
My only childhood frame of reference for Cool:

It%2527s%2BCool%2BInside.jpg

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Me wonders how many fedora-wearing chaps follow that rule? :lol:

Butte it was all in reference to Miss Lizzie's post that trying to look cool in your 20s,30,40s just means your not an adult so I posted I could go buy a "cool" hat cause I'm in my 50s not so much in the meaning of trying to look cool.As far as that goes 1973 I would have been 14 I'm the kid that's wearing Tie Dyed long sleeve shirts with a cowboy hat..how not cool is that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic