Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why!!!! Hipsters!!! Why!!!!!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Nah, that's too mainstream.
Mainstream country music has been formulated by experts to be 100 per cent irony-free. If you can't appreciate it at face value, you can't appreciate it at all.

We're not going to see another Urban Cowboy resurgence anytime soon, although it would be nice to hear more good old western swing music. At least where I am - we're too far west for classic swing and too far north for western swing.

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of this article:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/03/hipster-joins-army-to-be-ironic/

If you haven't heard of The Duffel Blog before. take some time to read some of their other articles. Great site. Or at least it is to people like myself who are over here.

Matt
(over here is Afghanistan)
I love it:“I didn’t think he was going to be able to hack it at first, but somehow we have managed to beat proper hygiene, dress and deportment into his thick skull. You could say he has embraced the inherent lack of individuality and kick in the d*&@ experience that Army life can be. Still doesn’t change the fact that the kid is a total f@#%ing a@#$%^&.”

I couldn't tell you much about the modern stuff, as it sounds like warmed over pop garbage and I refuse to spend an time on it, but the old stuff is definitely to be taken at face-value, and I would say it's the most genuine kind of music there is.

Mainstream country music has been formulated by experts to be 100 per cent irony-free. If you can't appreciate it at face value, you can't appreciate it at all.

We're not going to see another Urban Cowboy resurgence anytime soon, although it would be nice to hear more good old western swing music. At least where I am - we're too far west for classic swing and too far north for western swing.

You just described Saturday supper for just about every resident in the state of Wisconsin.

How about Brats with their PBR? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy