Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windows 10 printer help!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Sadly I have the windows 10 and it has my new printer in the dumps. Now I learn my new printer will not work with windows 10!

Suggestions please, what printer can I buy, without spending a pot of gold price wise, that is going to work on my windows 10 without having to down load other programs and troubleshoot this a few days worth to have it work properly!?!

I should have stayed at windows 7.....and I loved windows XP.....(now the xp is vintage)....haha!

Thank you.....

Nobert

Practically Family
Try Googling for third-party drivers. We had to do this when the latest Windows superseded the scanner's software, but were able to find a company that did a a patch. Cost $40, but was better than buying a new scanner.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Was it an upgrade? If it's less than 30 days you can roll back to 7.
http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/
What printer are you trying to get to work?
Hello. I have a HP envy 5530. They claim it was to work with the windows 10 but it will not work. It actually did work for 4 days....then stopped scanning and now if you want to print, it misses in the middle of the line going through words and then skips half prints, horrible. The printer doctor that you trouble shoot with "locks up" in the middle of doing any trouble shooting. If I attempt to scan, the scanner does not start and it has a display window with the little revolving circle that just goes around and around until you unplug the printer.

I am past the 30 days on the windows 10. I was on windows 7 and wished I would have stayed there now. Haha!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Try Googling for third-party drivers. We had to do this when the latest Windows superseded the scanner's software, but were able to find a company that did a a patch. Cost $40, but was better than buying a new scanner.
I am hesitant to do this. I am not super savvy about buying a software upgrade to fix this as I think maybe there is not going to be a printer working without any issues in windows 10? I have seen the nightmares people go through attempting to fix their printers in similar problems.....make me want to scream at HP for making these changes and not having something done already to their own products to have them work! Why not make a printer that IS already for windows 10? I have seen some suggest so many downloads and try this or that,....and still no printer working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points