Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wing tip shoes

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Allen Edmonds I believe

Check out the folks over at Leffot. That's where I bought my Alden boots, and they have quite a few other pairs of dress boots. Some of theirs are more classically styled than others.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Allen Edmonds I believe

Check out the folks over at Leffot. That's where I bought my Alden boots, and they have quite a few other pairs of dress boots. Some of theirs are more classically styled than others.

Honestly, I'm 99% sure people here were looking for a lower priced solution. If not, here's another excellent choice... http://leathersoulhawaii.com/

The EG boots are gorgeous... and often available in VERY classic vintage styles

Edward

Bartender
For boots to be worn casually, I would recommend looking into a good reproduction of the US Army issue Service Shoe from the WW2 era. At The Front, What Price Glory, etc do them for under a hundred dollars. Much more affordable than the Alden Indys (the latter lovely boots for sure, but expensive).

carldelo

One Too Many
Geez, this thread has turned into an advertising spread for high-priced wingtip boots. I also got the impression the OP was looking for something more affordable for warm-weather wear which would not favor boots.

Last edited:

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
The best wingtips I have ever had--and I've had plenty--are Church's. I still have a pair of Chetwynds that I bought the year I graduated from college (!) that still look great--good shoe care and resoling make them last forever. If you amortize the cost over 30 years, they are a bargain! Church's is now in the hands of Prada, but I believe (hope and pray) that they still make some of the classic models.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
chetwynd_black.jpg
[/IMG]

I spoke too soon. These fine shoes now retail for $700 which is only $23 dollars a year if you have them as long as I do, but that it a lot to spend on a pair of shoes. Tony Blair is a fan, for what that's worth.....

Edward

Bartender
Church's still produce beautiful shoes...... at a price. Here in the UK I would highly recommend Clark's, or Samuel Windsor (http://www.samuel-windsor.co.uk/) for affordable leather shoes that last a long time (I once had a pair of Clarks full brogues (wingtips) which lasted a decade as my only dress shoes; keep them at my parents now in case get stuck for a pair of shoes there. They won't be worth another reheeling, but that they still have life in them at thirteen isn't bad going after all the use they got). Barkers are very nice - if you get a sale deal (pricey otherwise).

Fifty150

One Too Many
Shoes can last a lifetime, depending on how many pairs you own, how you rotate them into use, and how you care for them. An average blue collar guy who wears work boots daily, can have one pair of dress shoes in his closet that he only wears a few times a year, if that.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Shoes can last a lifetime, depending on how many pairs you own, how you rotate them into use, and how you care for them. An average blue collar guy who wears work boots daily, can have one pair of dress shoes in his closet that he only wears a few times a year, if that.

I fall into the category of being a borderline Imelda Marcos--lots of shoes but lovingly cared for and constantly rotated.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Not dress, but nice. Wolverine 1000 mile Addison boots. They are the most comfortable shoes right out of the box that I have ever owned! They are a size D width, so I ordered my normal size, good thing, they fit great. Some are ordering a full size down, must be EEE width. Most people think I am wearing dress shoes, untile I flash a little ankle. Went back to order a second pair to wear while riding my motorcycles, out of my size. I may order a tan pair for the bikes, saw a write up where the owner really wore his tan pair through the mud and muck, really looked cool, hard to believe. Makes you wonder why this kind of boot ever went out of style for every day use. No tennis shoe I have ever worn, is this comfortable!
Addison.jpg
Addison2.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
chetwynd_black.jpg
[/IMG]

I spoke too soon. These fine shoes now retail for $700 which is only $23 dollars a year if you have them as long as I do, but that it a lot to spend on a pair of shoes. Tony Blair is a fan, for what that's worth.....

Trickers has surpassed the "new Church's" offerings in recent years. Cost in the $400 range as well.

kidbri

New in Town
If I may weigh in: I purchased a pair of black Nunn Bush wingtips at Kohls, on sale for 20 bucks, three years ago and they are still holding up today. Nunn Bush has proven to make both classic, and modern designs, and each, I find, are very comfortable. Keep in mind I'm VERY picky with the feel of my shoes!

The Shooman

Practically Family
lt is said that Church's do the best blacks. l don't know if that's true, but they certainly do great black shoes. l'm a fan of Church's and have always loved them. Church's are highly regarded from where l come from.

Txmason

Familiar Face
Help finding the right (or left) shoe

Help finding the right shoe (or left)

I have worn Rockport shoes for a long time. I have a pair of Rockport *editorial Office Captoe waterproof dress shoes. Here is the link:

http://m.rockport.com//mens-shoes/d...rproof-dress-shoes/edcaptoewp,default,pd.html

I have to wear *custom orthotics in my shoes to help make up for my left leg being 3.25 inches shorter than my right side due to being premature. While the Captoe is okay, I'm interested in finding a shoe that I can wear with more casual outfits such as a khaki pant and polo or blue jeans. Like an everyday shoe I can wear. I have tried on Allen Edmounds but the shoe seems to be too narrow for my foot. Norton Ditto in The Woodlands does not carry many Alden shoes so I'm not sure what else to do.*

Any suggestions? How can I get Alden or AE shoe seconds?

Also does anyone else have to wear orthotics in their shoes like myself that has found or could recommend a good shoe? *

Best,
Jerry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo