Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am not sure this subject has been covered or not. Some one sent me a pm asking about this topic , so is there any hats that your looking for that you can't seem to find? If so, state the brand, model type color and size. Maybe when one of us is looking for our own hat and see one of your types we can help each other out a bit.
I need the following:
Stetson Boss Edge Giant 7-1/8-7-1/4 any color
Dobbs Cross Country 7-1/4 any color
Mallory Coast to Coast 7-1/4 any color but Gray
Mallory XV 7-1/4 any color but Gray
Stetson WeekEnder 7-1/4 Browns or Tans

This of course is the short list:p

DOUGLAS

I am hoping as a by product of this thread to become more aquainted with the model types themselves.

MikeinMN

New in Town
Pretty much anything, in a size around 8-1/4, or a little larger. :eek: Hey, when even the extra-extra-extra large doesn't even come close to fitting, beggers can't be choosers. :(

mingoslim

Practically Family
My wish list . . .

Any 1940s Stratoliner in 7 3/8 to 7 1/2 in mint condition that doesn't top $200 on eBay . . .

A Dobbs Westward or Cross Country in grey or almond . . . same size . . . they would all be the same size . . .
But I could substitute the Portis Pathfinder . . .

A Lee Adventure (or the Marathon equivalent) in grey or sage green . . .
In fact, any wide brim in sage green . . . Love the color . . . it goes with anything, and looks great . . .

DOUGLAS

BK, I'm not looking for more hats just the hats. There are still gaps in the collection.

DOUGLAS

MikeinMN, I saw a hat sized 8-1/2 on ebay. It didn't look bad either. With some repair it should clean up nice.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Heh, I'm still looking for - well, any correctly sized (7 5/8) good quality Vintage hat, so I can compare and contrast to modern.

OK, well, preferably medium to wide ribbon, medium to high crown, and not brown.

Also I'll have to figure out what I'm doing for a summer hat.

So hey, it's theoretically easy for me! :p

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Douglas, I've never seen a Dobbs Cross Country before ,but I do have the box for it. The companies made beatiful boxes on the 1930's for their hats.
The one hat that I always wanted was a Stetson Ermine hat. These hats sold for 100.00 in the late 1930's. From what I was told , there were only 10 ever made . Once a year someone offers one on Ebay in a size 6 7/8. The problem is that he wants 1000.00 for it . This is the utimate hat that I want.
As for an 8 1/4 hat, the only production made hat in this size today is from Biltmore . Mike, if you want one just PM me or email us .

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

MikeinMN

New in Town
Thanks for the pointer, Douglas; I check the 'bay from time to time (hope springs eternal...), but probably wouldn't have caught that one, as I'm usually searching for fedoras. Still, beggars can't be choosers, it's a decent color, and it should - hopefully! - fit comfortably.

The closest thing I usually find is a line of straw fedoras, in 8-1/8. Were it anything that had a chance of stretching, I might take a chance, but I don't think straw has any give to it at all.

I'd love to come across an early Stratoliner -- blue, unlined, with the swoopy lettering on the sweatband (as opposed to that more ornate, kinda Olde English looking type style used on some versions). Such a hat would replace one like it which I owned for many, many years.

The real Henry

Practically Family
I'd like to find a 1930s Akubra that was made before they made some hats for Stetson. Those hat seem to be damn hard to find, but I like to have rare vintage clothing.

Regards,
Henrik

Stoney

Practically Family
Firm requirements for next hat purchase = the following:

A) Vintage , not run of the mill

B) Color other than brown. Hopefully a blue or green variant

C) Scaled to pea size at 6 7/8 or 21 3/8 "

D) Open Crown, a must have.

E) ZERO TAPER

F) If I see one that I like that deviates from these rules, one or all of the above
go right out the window.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
A 7¼ Stetson Whippet in Skyline Blue...

Skyline_Blue.jpg

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
Any pre-1950 Stetson, in any color, in newish condition, in a size 7 1/2, for under $200.

I don't think that animal exists, at least for those of us who can't cruise eBay for two to three hours a night and still remain married. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy