Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attorneyatlaw

New in Town
Well, I am yet to find a Strat. But I have learned that patience and a little eBay OCD pays off. One will come. I have had good luck so far.

And a Stetson 25
and a pre-Stetson Mallory with a nice wide brim with a nice wide brim binding
and that Knox 100...
and all the Daltons in my size!
I will get a Gus Miller - soon. And that's within reach. I'm almost ready...[/QU
You can get a Strat from hatsinthebelfry.com

In vintage:
A black or charcoal whippet, a dark gray would work as well
Stetson fifteen, I have a twenty five and a twenty or double the fifteen and I'd take a thirty
A Strat
7x CB
Another Stetsonian
A twenty five OR
A nice Dobbs
A nice Knox
Pre Stetson Mallory
Oh yeah, anything with 100 in the label
I need to stop, my palms are sweating

Size 7 3/8, some 1/4's

I'm wanting a clone of my Grandfather's hat. I had some funds saved and was narrowing down the specs for a custom when those funds unexpectedly dried up. I may have to settle for something close. Size 7-1/2 (-ish ... 7-5/8 in some cases).

I measured the crown of the old hat at 5-1/2", the brim at 2-1/2", the main ribbon at 1-1/2", binding at 5/8" (wrapped) and the sweat at 2".

www.flickr.com/photos/9683722@N02/albums/72157663276242213

Then I also want all the hats listed above by everyone ...

tommyK

One Too Many
First, I'm happy to say that I do own a few hats I once pined for. That being said, there are a few bucket list hats if it doesn't seem too greedy (and even if it does);

Vita Felt anything. A Strat, Playboy or Three Way would be especially nice
Hoyt Demon Hanover or Louis Cobb
Stetson 100 Open Road style

I will probably always have a thing for the "Twenty". Dobbs, Knox, Stetson, Cavanagh, Resistol, Mallory or just about any make. They represent a "cut above" level that I find a pleasing quality without being too precious. I will be forever trying to get these

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
A 100 (Resistol and Stetson) with a 4" brim
Those Clear Nutrias and Nutrias with 5" brim like the ones Alan own... long hair and short hair versions!
*The* Tom Mix hat ;) (yeah, his hat)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I actually have some of the wish list items some of you have mentioned ... and in the proper size

I would be willing to part with them for the items on my list ... but I don't think the guys in my size have the items on my list ... but I could be wrong

if you guys in my size come across any of those items in your searches hit me up and maybe we could both cross things off of our lists

Edward

Bartender
In all honesty, I'd be happy with one each of every colour available in the Akubra Federation line (plus midnight blue and bottle green), plus a couple of others.

That and a magic aerosol spray that would make moth damage disappear, and stop it from ever happening again.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
In all honesty, I'd be happy with one each of every colour available in the Akubra Federation line (plus midnight blue and bottle green), plus a couple of others.

That and a magic aerosol spray that would make moth damage disappear, and stop it from ever happening again.

you could easily just save up and buy those though .... no ?

moth spray aside

Knotten

Practically Family
To be honest, I don't have much in the vintage department, other than some late '50s, '60s stingies. I'd love to own just one tall-crowned, wide-brimmed vintage hat with soft felt. Size 7 1/8, long oval.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy