Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women Reenactors?

maisie

Practically Family
Are there any other WWII women reenactors on here??:)
I do WAC, ANC and ARC also British Red Cross and Womens Land Army.
So do any other ladies on here do any form of WWII military reenacting?
If so share some pictures or at least share with us what you reenact! I'll see if I can find any pictures from any of the event i did last year!:)

D-Day-Doll

Familiar Face
I've reenacted for a few years. I pretty much do every WWII impression! I have many uniforms in my collection, probably 50+ uniforms including WAC, ANC, Navy Nurse, Red Cross (military welfare service and motor corps), WAVES, woman Marines, SPARS, WASP. I'm starting to put together WAAF and Land Army too, but will probably stick to mostly American stuff. My poor husband has no closet space for himself ;)

I'd love to see the collections/impressions of some of the other ladies on the board! :)

Here's my husband and I on Memorial Day last year after he did a movie for the U505...

http://97heaven.com/wwii/navy.jpg

And here's one just for fun...

http://97heaven.com/wwii/3waves.jpg

maisie

Practically Family
Wow! That is alot of uniforms!
I take it that is British Land Army you are talking about? That was the first ever uniform I got, and I'm still collecting now!!
My latest acquisition is a winter WAC off duty dress, I love it and it is in good condition:) , as most of the time the little moths get to them!!!:rolleyes: :cry:

USO Gal

New in Town
I am just starting...

I have just gotten into re-enacting USO. I love your picture in your avatar! Where did you get that great armband?

In fact it was an event I attended that D-Day-Doll was at that got me interested.

I figure I will slowly branch out from there... WAC, Army Nurse, Red Cross are the first ones I would likely be interested in.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Of course, being the enlightened workers paridise that it was, the Soviet Union fielded female combat troops in basically every branch of their military.

Thus there are female reenactors who portray Russian infantry in our unit.

It is really the only chance for a woman to authentically carry a rifle and see combat in the reenacting universe.

Hondo

One Too Many
USO Gal said:
I have just gotten into re-enacting USO. I love your picture in your avatar! Where did you get that great armband?

In fact it was an event I attended that D-Day-Doll was at that got me interested.

I figure I will slowly branch out from there... WAC, Army Nurse, Red Cross are the first ones I would likely be interested in.

Hey USO Gal, was this in Chicago? Love your avatar as well, can't recall who she is, care to give a hint? I'm a big fan of womens hair style in the 40's, good to see so many women making post ;)
I look forward to my first hanger dance/event. carry on gal. :cheers1:

D-Day-Doll

Familiar Face
maisie said:
Wow! That is alot of uniforms!
I take it that is British Land Army you are talking about? That was the first ever uniform I got, and I'm still collecting now!!
My latest acquisition is a winter WAC off duty dress, I love it and it is in good condition:) , as most of the time the little moths get to them!!!:rolleyes: :cry:

Yeah, I meant British Land Army. I'm kind of a farm girl at heart! I have the milking coat (I think that's what they call it) and the green sweater. Don't know if the sweater is WWII vintage but its definitely old and it was made in England. I need some breeches next!

Moths LOVE to eat winter off-duty dresses! They chowed down on mine :cry:

Hi USO Gal! Was that the Batavia event that we first met at? You're the only one I know that does USO, that's pretty cool. And that's awesome that you're actually involved with the organization. We volunteered with the USO for a show they did in Downers Grove a few years ago. There was about a dozen of us in WWII uniforms and we mingled and passed out flyers to the people coming to see the tribute show.

USO Gal

New in Town
I think it was Batavia. This year I think we are going to try and put together a USO dance Saturday night at Batavia... early stages now but I would really love if that could happen.

My avatar is Frances Langford she was part of Bob Hope's troop in WWII so pretty much everywhere he went to entertain the troops there she was too!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I just started :) I'm going for WAC and USO, but I also want to go out as a corrospondent. Still learning, but I love it so far.

maisie

Practically Family
Yeah, I meant British Land Army. I'm kind of a farm girl at heart! I have the milking coat (I think that's what they call it) and the green sweater. Don't know if the sweater is WWII vintage but its definitely old and it was made in England. I need some breeches next

Well if you need some breeches I have about three original pairs i'm going to be selling this year, if your interested let me know!

maisie

Practically Family

The photo was actually taken at a dance over here in England. It has a Stage Door Canteen theme, so I was helping out wearing a USO armband & the red,white & blue striped aprons, like the ones from the film!!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
polish resistance

Vladimir Berkov said:
Of course, being the enlightened workers paridise that it was, the Soviet Union fielded female combat troops in basically every branch of their military.

It is really the only chance for a woman to authentically carry a rifle and see combat in the reenacting universe.

Or she could go as a partisan & wear leopard skin pattern fur instead of a communist uniform
http://www.pbs.org/daringtoresist/fayeb.html
"When it was time to be hugging a boyfriend,
I was hugging a rifle. Now I said to myself, my life is changed. I learned how to look after the wounded. I even learned how to make operations."

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I've lurked on this forum for a while, but I figured I might as well post. I've been reenacting for about a year & a half now. Currently, I do only American impressions. WASP, WAC, ARC (Military Welfare Service), ANC, and WAVES. I'm working on a NNC impression and finishing out a couple of the others to be more complete. I also have a partisan impression, but I haven't used it yet at an event! I think I have more gear than my husband, who also reenacts. LOL!

There are some shots of me on my unit website:
www.armyaircorps.us

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Vladimir Berkov said:

What about French resistance?

MelissaAnne

One of the Regulars
I'm curious how one goes about getting started in re-enacting. I live in Nebraska, and I don't know how much interest there is in that sort of thing around here. Any suggestions?

Story

I'll Lock Up
FLYGIRLS OF WWII traveling WASP exhibit

I have the honor to officially announce that Wings Across America’s ‘FLYGIRLS OF WWII’ traveling WASP exhibit will open at the WIMSA MEMORIAL on October 18, 2008 (to be on display thru Women’s History Month, 2009). This wonderful opportunity comes after several months of conversations and a lot of prayer. This week we received the following official statement: "The Women In Military Service For America Memorial Foundation is delighted with the opportunity to showcase the Women Airforce Service Pilots at the Women’s Memorial. It is a great honor for us to open the FLYGIRLS exhibit on October 18, 2008, the 11th Anniversary of the Memorial’s dedication. We’ve always tried to do something special on that date and I can’t think of anything more fitting than honoring the WASP in this way during their 66th Anniversary year. " - Brig Gen Wilma L. Vaught, USAF (Ret.) - Women’s Memorial Foundation President.

http://www.skycontrol.net/history/w...pen-at-the-wimsa-memorial-on-october-18-2008/

200806-wings-accross-america-5.jpg

leaette

A-List Customer
this is my 8th year reenacting. i love it. met my hubby while at an event :)
i mostly do ANC or war worker. War worker is my main course of study and collection.

alexandra

Practically Family
Since I've been posting here I've had an urge to get into reenacting, but I have no idea how to get into it and have never heard or seen anything about it around here. I figure it's something I would enjoy being that it combines my love of vintage clothing, WWII and I go to school for acting...it makes so much sense! But I am afraid lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo