Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wormser hat find

Levallois

Practically Family
On my way back from the gun show today I thought that I would stop in at an "antique" store that I haven't been to in years. I walked in asked if they had any hats and waited for the inevitable, no, followed by something about how they sell as soon as they come in. Well, the lady said yes and led me to a case that had the usual crap but there was one gem, and it fit, but what the heck color is that I wondered?! It's a Wormser "Royal Luxury" "Beaver Blend." Soft and wonderful with a few moth bites but in pretty good shape - $35. Not bad but the color was different - for lack of a better term it was a dusty purple with a 1 11/16-inch wide black ribbon. It has a 5/8-inch wide brim edging with two rows of stitching.

My camera is incapable of taking an accurate potrayal of the color -it's not this blue - but it looks sort of like this:

Wormserhat006.jpg

The sweatband was a good 2 1/8-inches wide and it had the plastic cover over the design in the center of the liner:

Wormserhat004.jpg

Wormserhat001.jpg

Wormserhat003.jpg

There was also a price tag:

Wormserhat007.jpg

I bought it dreading showing it to the wife. Well. she loved it. It's growing on me. I've read about Wormser here and know it's a quality brand - this one sure feels like. Thanks for looking!

John

Levallois

Practically Family
rmrdaddy,

I didn't find any of the things that I was looking for at the gun show. Hence the pessimism at the antique shop. At least I scored a nice hat.

John

Levallois

Practically Family
I forgot to show the ribbon. None of my other hats has a ribbon tied like this one (and again the hat isn't this blue):

Wormserhat009.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
I appreciate all the kind words about the Wormser. I'll work on a me-wearing-it shot - you people are gluttons for punishment. Oh, and it's a hard to find 7 1/2.

John

Levallois

Practically Family
Wearing the hat - my camera has something against purple but this is pretty close. 40's herringbone coat, white shirt, blue/purple paisley tie and dark blue pocket square.
I talked to a friend he said it was a "white balance" problem. I just can't find the manual.

Coathattie006.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
Levallois said:
Wearing the hat - my camera has something against purple but this is pretty close. 40's herringbone coat, white shirt, blue/purple paisley tie and dark blue pocket square.
I talked to a friend he said it was a "white balance" problem. I just can't find the manual.

Coathattie006.jpg

Outstanding! Fabulous color and great proportions for you. Congrats :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner