Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you ladies wear these shoos?

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Yes...and i would feel like Marlene Deitrich. Gender bending and Sexy. But someone else would have to buy them for me. And those Lobbs are amazing.

Emer

One of the Regulars
The black Epsoms are nice, a little masculine but they're nice loafers. The rest are a bit too manly for my tastes.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
BTW, these are bespoke shoes.

I would never buy bespoke shoes! I would be so worried about getting them dirty or scuffed that I'd never wear them. One good step in dog poo and I'd be in tears. I have a hard time paying over $100 for a pair of shoes now because no matter how expensive they are, they always look beat up after a year's wear. $200 leather gets scuffed just as easily as $50.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
kamikat said:
no matter how expensive they are, they always look beat up after a year's wear.
When the price nears the stratosphere it's called patina. ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
kamikat said:
Sorry, I'm not a fan of patina, not in my shoes, not in my good silver, no where.
Well, in the world of men's high end footwear certain makers will painstakingly apply a faux patina to the uppers at the time of manufacture. (There are also cobblers in Paris who specialize in after market patina application). [huh] Personally, I like a patina acquired by age and usage and would much rather earn it the old fashioned way, through wear.

shoes20.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
Well, in the world of men's high end footwear certain makers will painstakingly apply a faux patina to the uppers at the time of manufacture. (There are also cobblers in Paris who specialize in after market patina application). [huh] Personally, I like a patina acquired by age and usage and would much rather earn it the old fashioned way, through wear.

shoes20.jpg

I know patina is favored by some, but I hate it in all it's forms

The Shooman

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Oh, the Lobbs! But 6463 pounds for one pair of shoes? I can't even fathom paying that amount of money.

l was reading somewhere that some of Lattanzi's exotic shoes can run $120,000. :eek:

Here is some more womens shoes at Carmina. http://www.carminashoemaker.com . Click on English, go to "the collection" and click on the women's tab

The Shooman

Practically Family
kamikat said:
I would never buy bespoke shoes! I would be so worried about getting them dirty or scuffed that I'd never wear them. One good step in dog poo and I'd be in tears. I have a hard time paying over $100 for a pair of shoes now because no matter how expensive they are, they always look beat up after a year's wear. $200 leather gets scuffed just as easily as $50.

That's why l love mens shoos so much; a good pair will last a long time. You gals are always getting ripped off when it comes to quality.

kamikat said:
I know patina is favored by some, but I hate it in all it's forms
l notice alot of people here hate `patina'. l'm not too fussed about it myself: often comes off anyway.

Patina significantly adds to the cost.....takes alot of man hours to do some shoos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points